Lichens anyone? NEX-7, Tamron 18-200, polarizer, single HDR in post

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by lapdog99, May 5, 2012.

1. lapdog99

lapdog99 TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    Climbing a hill this afternoon and stumbled on some rather handsome lichen covered rocks I'm Lichen This Too. I'm Lichen This.
  2. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Amazing boulders. Looks like some giant just placed them in the middle of nowhere. It doesn't look like they had fallen from somewhere higher...

Looks like you've got lots of great places to walk (lugging a small NEX camera has to make a good difference in an uphill climb like that!).
  3. lapdog99

lapdog99 TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    Thx. Size does make hiking, photo walks easier. I did notice a spot on the sensor on my 7, despite trying to be careful switching lens. NZ has some world class photo environs, and soon you will have Trey Ratcliff as a resident.
  4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Very interesting color on the lichen. Most of it around here is a greyish-green color. Lots to like in these, the boulders in relation to their surroundings & that sky is great. Nicely done!
  5. Bolampau

Bolampau TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    I really like the composition on the second photo. The boulder has a shape strangely reminiscent of the Easter Island heads - as if it has fallen over!

Strong colours and the sky is great. Presumably, the polarizer helped.

Thanks for sharing,
  6. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Some nice shots. I have taken my NEX on a few hikes as well and the size is great for taking it with you without burden.