• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

LensRental.com

unlo

Sony ******
Real Name
Matt
Anyone used the site before? Good bad experience? Thinking of renting a video camera for a week or so for a few events. Curious if anyone had any thoughts on the matter.

Lisandra

TalkEmount Veteran
great people, and they know their stuff too. Just dont take their gear into a color run, itll ruin the gear and they will not cover the damage with the insurance

unlo

Sony ******
Real Name
Matt
great people, and they know their stuff too. Just dont take their gear into a color run, itll ruin the gear and they will not cover the damage with the insurance

Lol good Tip! I just rented an a7ii for about a week, arrives next week. Excited to take it for a test drive.

unlo

Sony ******
Real Name
Matt
So... I spoiled myself. Very hard for me to appreciate the images i'm getting from current gear, knowing I could have the a7ii. I think my problem is that nearly Every lens i attached to the rented a7ii was a prime. Now that i'm separated from that beautiful piece of tech and it's ability to make all my old legacy glass FUN to shoot, I'm left frustrated with my 5r and two kit zooms. ='( Sure I can throw on the DT 35 or 50 on the LA-EA4 but that certainly isn't native, or small. Renting the a7ii has been a blessing and a curse. I found a decently priced SEL35f18 on ebay to tide me over till Full Frame glory can be my own! (not fooling anyone) WE all know once you've experienced FF it's painful accepting any other alternative.

Last edited:

WT21

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I bought a used a7 for $800. I've done some research to compare the two and they are certainly different, but I'm loving the a7 without quite the sticker shock.

WoodWorks

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
Yeah, since I'm not using any legacy lenses anymore, and since the only non-stabilized lenses I own are the 35 and 55, buying the A7II right now just to get IBIS seems kind of extravagant. I think I'll just wait and see what Sony does with the next iteration of the A7 before I spring for another body.

Lisandra

TalkEmount Veteran
For me for example, it would be great. I only have manual focus and A mount lenses

unlo

Sony ******
Real Name
Matt
For me for example, it would be great. I only have manual focus and A mount lenses

Agree, my best glass is legacy or A mount. I see your wish maybe indeed come true. a7rII, will you sell any of your current gear to get this model #000001?

Lisandra

TalkEmount Veteran
Agree, my best glass is legacy or A mount. I see your wish maybe indeed come true. a7rII, will you sell any of your current gear to get this model #000001?
Well...selling bodies is a painfull thing for me, getting 60 or 70% of what i paid is depressing

Latest threads

Top Bottom