Lens mount identification?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by TerminusBreak, Apr 5, 2012.

1. TerminusBreak

TerminusBreak TalkEmount Rookie

Feb 29, 2012
    Florida
    Tim
    Screen Shot 2012-04-05 at 11.17.52 PM.

The seller has no idea, and of course neither do I.

It's a Vivitar 400mm f5.6.

2. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Looks like a Canon FD mount, perhaps?

3. modfreak

modfreak New to TalkEmount

Jul 2, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Please can someone help me with lens mount ID and fast? I have a Kiron 70-210mm f/4 Macro MC lens that I sold to someone on eBay and I used research for this lens to list it and found one like it that said it was a K-mount for Pentax. Now I am not sure. I came across a Pentax K1000 camera and I assume that's a k-mount camera, but this Kiron lens doesn't fit. The buyer has Pentax, I think he said "PK mount". Can someone look at the pix and tell me if this lens is a K mount or if it isn't....what type of mount it is? Thanks so much for the help! DSCF9605. DSCF9607. DSCF9602.

4. Dioptrick

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Could be a Contax/Yashica mount??... like this one...

00Se4V-113095684.JPG

5. modfreak

Jul 2, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Mount ID help for KIRON 70-210MM F4 MACRO 1:4 MC PENTAX PK FIT ZOOM LENS

Thanks so much for responding so fast! Hmm.....it doesnt look like the photo you posted - here's another shot from straight on. DSCF9598. DSCF9604. - I've seen that mount before on the one you posted, the tab thing moves in and out. This one I have has 2 fixed tabs (my apologies, I am not even close to being an expert on this stuff so I am sure I am using all the wrong camera wording).

6. modfreak

Jul 2, 2012
    NJ, USA
  7. Dioptrick

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    All the elements seem to be there...

ContaxYashica.

A, B, C, and D are rotary tabs (same shape, sizes and sequence).

E is a square notch taken out of one of the three flanges with a sloped edge preceding the notch.

If you don't get any other responses, go to google image search and just type all the different bayonet mounts and compare them. The Contax/Yashica is the only mount I could find that resembles the mount on your Kiron.

8. Dioptrick

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
  9. modfreak

Jul 2, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Wow, nice work!!! Thank you - that is EXACTLY what I have, though mine does not have fungus in it - mine looks like new. I guess I better email the buyer and refund his money and relist mine with the correct info - I am assuming that type of mount is not compatible with a Pentax PK or K mount. This is all so confusing to me - just give me a point and shoot and that's about all I can handle. Well, I do have a nice Nikon Coolpix and I am wanting to get a Canon Rebel T3 but that will probably take me forever to figure out. Anyway, thanks again....your comparison photo with the A, B, C, D & E side-by-side shot brought it all in to view for me.

10. Dioptrick

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    You're welcome :)