1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lens hood Required for Minolta 35-70 F3.5 Rokkor

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Todders, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Todders

Todders TalkEmount Rookie

Oct 11, 2014
    Hello All
    Can anyone help me with regards to a suitable lens hood for this Lens,it has a 55mm filter thread and an additional thread which i believe is 62mm.

I purchased a shallow 55mm hood initially but it shows dark edges when looking at through the viewfinder.

I have seen a few generic ones on eBay but don't know whether i should get one for a wide angle etc..

if anyone could help it would be most appreciated.

regards

adrian

2. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    The original Minolta hood is very shallow indeed and mounts into the outer thread, so any other hood should be similar. The original one can be found on eBay, but hood prices have gone through the roof lately. I don't know where you are, this one is from Germany. Click on the picture to see more of the hood and the lens it's for.

<a href="http://addieleman.smugmug.com/Lenses/Minolta/MD-Zoom-Rokkor-35-70mm-135" target="_blank"> 20130514-015-L. </a>

• Like Like x 2
  3. michelb

michelb TalkEmount Regular

Oct 27, 2013
    Greater Montreal area in Quebec, Canada
    Michel Brien
    There are 3 versions of this lens

One takes only screw-in filters with a diameter of 55mm like shown above.
    The other 2 versions take a clip-on hood and right close to the edge of the lens on the outside of the lens barrel, there would be a very tiny slot for the clip-on filter to sit in.

The slot is a bit like shown here on MD 70-210 F4 on the right ( the one of the left is more visible and would also look similar )
    15884021886_b9de8490af_b.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Amamba

Amamba TalkEmount All-Pro

Apr 13, 2013
    SE MI
    I have the original hood and it's IMHO useless. It's so small I can't seriously believe it would make any difference. Just use your hand to shield the lens if you run into flaring issues.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jai

jai TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    My version is the clip on type, as you describe.

15908744301_d5bf3910a0.

It's plastic, unlike my older Rokkor hoods which are metal. But it is quick to get on and off, and is reversible which is handy:

15908744891_7f894dd9bc.

When it is on backwards the lens cap does fit on as well.

• Like Like x 2
  6. jai

jai TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Kirkp

Kirkp TalkEmount Regular

Nov 2, 2014
    With a step up ring, you could use a larger diameter hood. With a rubber hood you can retract a bit if it vignettes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Todders

Todders TalkEmount Rookie

Oct 11, 2014
    Thanks as ever to everyone that has posted on this thread,it is very much appreciated.

9. izTheViz

izTheViz TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 10, 2013
    Paris
    Yannis Marigo
    Have a clip-on non original one which is useless too.
    Looks to be even thiner than yours.