Lens booster EOS + distagon 35mm 1.4

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by alainib, Jan 14, 2014.

1. alainib

alainib TalkEmount Rookie

Dec 20, 2013
    montpellier france
    alain
    Hello and happy new year everybody.
    I follow you since many months and that's my first thread. ( sorry for the english mistakes in advance ).

I tried on my sony nex 5n a lens booster EOS (chinese one) + EOS to C/Y adapter + CZ distagon 35mm 1.4.
    i notice after the shoots that the left side of the picture is very blurred compared to the right side, not from the lens but from the lens booster and/or adapter...
    ( if someone know how to fix it thanks ;) ).

This is some pictures with this combo, very few at f1.4 because sharpness is better at f2 and difference in light between F1.4 and F2 is very little i find.
    ( pictures DSC08209 and DSC08206 at f1.4, landscape around f5.6/8 and all others around f2/f2.8 )
    somepictures are post processed in DXO for brightess, few contrast or color rendition.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/114394093@N05/

Best regards
    Alain

2. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    It is a very nice lens and nice shots in your link. I haven't checked thoroughly but more adapter/glass you add means you are adding more errors on your combination. There is a nice article about it:
    http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/09/there-is-no-free-lunch-episode-763-lens-adapters

I also used a similar combination, Metabones SB+EOS/CY adapter+CY lenses but I haven't noticed a problem or maybe I haven't checked in detail... All you can do is eg try to use a EOS lens to see if there is a problem w/ the lens booster, then you can get identify which adapter might be causing it.

3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    The results seem pretty good.

Anytime you add adapters that is one more fail point.

4. alainib

alainib TalkEmount Rookie

Dec 20, 2013
    montpellier france
    alain
    Thanks,

I also have a M42 to EOS adapter, i will try to see if problem occur also.