• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Leica on Nex5N

Bolampau

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Hi Luiz,
Thanks for sharing. Weird question for you though, do you find that the NEX slightly under-exposures with your Leica lenses? The reason I ask is that when I use the Leica M 90mm F2.8 the photos are always at least 1/3rd of a stop under! I've no idea why and just wondered whether you experienced the same? I don't get this with any other lenses.
Cheers,
Paul

Luiz Curcino

TalkEmount Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Paul,
I started a few days to use the Leica lens. I have not looked this question has slightly under-exposures with my Leica lens. But as you said, I'll see more.
What I find is that these lenses Leica is a lot of contrast and of course great color and definition across the board, the corners and center in almost the same definition, even wide open. In post processing I do not need to edit anything ... This lens is very good!
Then now I'll put some photos taken with Leica Tele-Elmarit M 90mm f2.8. And this 90mm I too no see under-exposure, but I'll see more.
Cheers,
Luiz

Bolampau

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Thanks Luiz,
I'll be interested to hear if you find anything!

Maybe I just need to stick the Leica lens in the dishwasher to clean it out!!! LOL!

Cheers,
Paul

Ray Vardy

TalkEmount Regular
Thanks Luiz,
I'll be interested to hear if you find anything!

Maybe I just need to stick the Leica lens in the dishwasher to clean it out!!! LOL!

Cheers,
Paul
..oh don't do that, send it to me and I'll clean it for you (might take me like err uhmm 10yrs or so ;p )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Luiz Curcino

TalkEmount Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now Nex5N and Leica M Tele-Elmarit 90mm f2.8 @f2.8:

Festa Quadrilha Instituto Teresa Valsè por Luiz Curcino, no Flickr

Detalhe Casa por Luiz Curcino, no Flickr

I am observing that the Leica lenses there is practically no need for post processing ... Try to increase the sharpness does not catch ... try to increase the color saturate ... try increasing the contrast is bad ... It's a decent lens ...
Could improve people's skin, but I left just to show how the lens is sharp in the center and corners even wide open. At least that's what I'm seeing with this lens.

apotelyt

TalkEmount Regular
Beautiful portraits Luiz. They have a 3D pop to the images. The leica lenses do produce stunning images with the 5N.

Top Bottom