1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Leica M VM-E Close Focus Adapter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by cvt01, Jul 28, 2015.

1. cvt01

cvt01 TalkEmount Regular

Jan 3, 2015
    Some of you use M mount lenses on Sony cameras. Most of those have terrible close focus ability by today's dslr standards. Have you considered buying a close focus (helicod?) adapter.
    I recently acquired a voigtlander M mount lens and I'm looking at the options. The voigtlander version is out of my price range at $300 but I have found some shiny looking chinese versions for below 100. It is still a lot for an adapter but I'm worried about the function too. Does these work?

2. MAubrey

MAubrey TalkEmount Top Veteran

I have one of the cheap ones (if not the cheapest, $30? I don't remember). I stopped using it, however, because the mounts on both sides are really loose, resulting in a lot of rotational lens play. Still, I do always keep it in my bag just in case.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cvt01

cvt01 TalkEmount Regular

Jan 3, 2015
  4. MAubrey

MAubrey TalkEmount Top Veteran

5. mcwc

mcwc New to TalkEmount

Jan 9, 2015
    Vancouver, BC
    For the cheap Chinese helicoid, remove the M-mount and flip the brass slide/stop. I did that to mine by accident and it reduced the gap one of the three sections. For approximately the first half of the helicoid travel, there was no more wiggle until it extended past the length of the brass slide/stop. Though, YMMV with this "fix".

Since then, I've bought the Hawk helicoid adapter.

• Informative Informative x 2