1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Learning with the M9-P

Discussion in 'Coffee Bar' started by Phoenix, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    I saw this thread from Seriouscompacts and I was laughing for ages, I've must have watched each vid more than 6-8 times and I'm still finding it hilarious (must be my sense humour) and I thought I'd share it here.

Special thanks to Mark (a.k.a Stillshooter for the links)

[video=youtube;bcPqXKH69j4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcPqXKH69j4[/video]

[video=youtube;z9NWeMkBN_A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9NWeMkBN_A[/video]

[video=youtube;hnviDnpShU8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnviDnpShU8[/video]

2. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    YouTube poster's name is Ikanagas, lol...

Aussies, kiwis and poms will get this immediately as exceptionally brilliant satire, but I'm not sure how other cultures would view this. I doubt if this guy is for real, but hey you just never know these days. Either way I'm a fan!

(Trailer park guy buys a Leica M9-P to take better pictures compared to the disposables he's used to... pure genius! or is it really? lol)

3. Phoenix

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    I think it's a gag (at least I really hope it is, or is it??) as his gear is probably worth more than "his house", I reckon what makes it so funny is his deadpan tone on the entire video in an almost 'matter of fact' tone. I showed it to a couple of friends and one of them nearly wet her pants laughing and she also reckons that it's pure genius :D

4. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    This is why it's so brilliant... the delivery is so dry, that you're always left in doubt. The more I watch it (in stitches) the more I'm unsure if it's just an act or not. The mayhem it's causing at the comments section in YouTube is even more hilarious. Posters who think it's real either reprimand or encourage Ikanagas, and others are deliberately playing along to reinforce the gag (that's if it is a gag, lol). At any rate, Ikanagas is not letting-on judging from his replies to the comments. Ikanagas is definitely staying "in character" and continues to suck people along... that's IF it's an act of course, haha.

"Don't use the dial with numbers to focus. It will just take darker pictures, looks like they left a couple of numbers out in between 8 and 11..." (paraphrased) just absolutely classic!! Very, very Borat style humour...

5. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    LOL! Thanks for sharing, pheonix!

"In the last episode I concentrated about the feautres of the camera ..." :D

Yeah, he has a cool dry humour! Somehow reminds me on the zombie survival guide by Max Brooks.. ;)

6. Phoenix

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Hehehe!!! Someone mentioned that the bloke kinda sounds like Eugene Levy (Jim's dad in American Pie, The Man, etc..)

I'll definitely look for the zombie survival guide by Max Brooks, sounds like a hoot ;)

7. Bolampau

Bolampau TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Paul
    Thanks for pointing me to this Phoenix, it made me laugh my socks off! very clever comedy pieces.
    Cheers,
    Paul