Learning levitation

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by christian, Jul 22, 2014.

1. christian

christian TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 12, 2014
    Boston MA
    Hi everyone,

One thing I'd like to learn is levitation photography. There are some awesome photographers who make incredible and very artistic pictures. So I wanted to try that by myself and learn this technique. As I had nobody available to help me do it or to play the model, I asked my dog HA HA
    There's nothing artistic in these pictures, it's just a very first try, testing and learning. I think it's quite funny.
    I wouldn't recommend doing this with an animal for the first try. It's quite complicated as he was struggling (he hates being held on his back), the fur is a lot of hassle to start with while post-processing and in this type of light conditions, as I had to hold my dog myself, my own shadow changed the light on my dog so it doesn't appear very natural here. I would recommend to do it with objects or people, that's way easier! Anyway, it was a first try and it was worth it. I now have very original portraits of my dog :p
    So I'm going to push and go in-depth of this photography field. I think it's a lot of fun, to do and to watch.

PS: The rock is also levitating :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  2. dragion

dragion TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 8, 2014
    Boston, MA
    Christian...I love the expression on the last one! :p
  3. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    That is super cool! I must try it :)