1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Learning composition with a stroller

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by alaios, Jun 16, 2014.

1. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Hi,
    this "idea" is running 14 months now (the age of my daughter). I have started learning photography just few months before my daughter came.
    After the period that she was born I always wanted to have on each day few hours with her for two reasons
    1. Allow my wife to be a bit alone at home so she can breathe a bit
    2. Give me more time to attach with my daughter

During these sacred hours with my daughter a part of it was spent with my daughter sleeping in the stroller. According to the literature(parenting books) during that time is good for the parent to take care of him self and do something he likes.

My ideas was always that if I have even 30 secs I would rather do something to improve the way I photograph. At the beginning I found that the stroller was limiting me on what to shoot.. but after some days it clicked.
    "If I wanted to improve to photography, I was just having a challenge in front of me" ...
    "I would start shooting but as a rule each shot should have a stroller in it".

and this is me now writing this post 14 months after the idea started.
    http://alexpal.smugmug.com/DailyLife/Stroller/

Have fun in life

Regards
    Alex

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    You've been a lot of places:eek:

3. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    You’ve got some GREAT shots there, Alex. I love the one with her legs sticking out of the stroller! Why not pick out the best 6 or 7 and we could put them up here as a featured thread. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd enjoy seeing them, and some people (like me) rarely follow a link to another site.

4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    That's a lot of pics of the same subject :D
    Gotta to agree thought, that there are some nice shots here ;)
    And yeah, I rarely follow links - would be best to post some here directly

...And great project idea :thumbup:

5. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Hey, I recognize some shots taken in Cyprus or I'm wrong?

6. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    Being outside for few hours with stroller isn't as limiting as 70 hours behind office desk per week ... .

There are lots of photo opportunities with children. With stroller you can go to arboretums, parks and so. Even photographing buildings can work for you. I think that a really clever person could made a camera holder for a stroller (magic arm and a super clamp might be good idea).

7. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    australia
    Chris
    Wow you have some creative shots incorporating the stroller :D