Learn Something New Every Day

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by dixeyk, Oct 26, 2014.

1. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    I can't believe I have never realized this. When I first bought my 5n is set it up the way I like and that included turning the touch screen off. Just in a lark I turned it back n the other day and discovered that there is a VERY cool feature for someone like me using legacy lenses. Touching the screen zooms in to that section of the image for manual focus support. Why have I not realized this for two years? Now it would be even cooler if tapping it again cycled to the next level of zoom but you can't have everything. You gotta use the little on screen buttons for that.

15017013493_6b95f80c39_h.

Hare was a sore loser
    by dixeyk, on Flickr

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    Two years..... not bad for you Kevin. :p

It's a good example though. Many of us with G.A.S. updating our camera bodies every year, searching for new lenses and accessories, pouring over rumours and reviews when really we may not have fully explored our own equipment. Stuff we have now and how it can work for our styles.

3. rdfisch

rdfisch TalkEmount Regular

Nov 13, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Rick
    Indeed! When I had a 5n that is the only thing I used the touch screen for.

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Better late than never

5. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    I know right? I'm your basic off-kilter manual focus zealot and it takes me that long to realize the single most useful feature for manual focusing legacy glass outside of focus peaking. Time for a cookie me thinks.

6. eno789

eno789 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jan 1, 2012
    NoCal, USA
    Brian
    If you use any AF lens, you can also use the touch screen to set the flexible spot to focus on, right there where you want it.

I actually wish my A7 has a touch screen like the 5N. For low angle, odd angle, or on tripod, touch screen is a very nice feature.