'Leaked NEX-6 & 5R Images'

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by RT_Panther, Aug 20, 2012.

1. korn_2956

korn_2956 TalkEmount Regular

Jun 11, 2012
    I like the addition of a dial and more buttons to the 5r. Makes me wish i waited.
  2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    Looks like the 6 has a real hot-shoe too.....:cool:
  3. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    This will cause some dillemas to some people deciding as to whether to: which model to purchase, what features are they really after, or if they should wait even further.
  4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    This is starting to get confusing, but I like that Sony is coming out with various options.
  5. Halka

Halka TalkEmount Regular

Mar 11, 2012
    Ľubomír Brindza
    So, NEX-6 looks mighty ugly with that protruding mode dial (although there seems to be another dial beneath it). Standard hot-shoe is nice, but looks like an afterthought, almost bolted-on.
  6. snkenai

snkenai TalkEmount Regular

Jan 22, 2012
    Campbellsville, Ky
    Stephen Noel
    Bolts are good.
  7. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    I'm really liking that dial!!
  8. Dioptrick

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    My biggest irk with the 5N EVF is the flicker when the camera or the subject is moving because it triggers photo-sensitive nausea for me.

I don't mind if the EVF resolution of the NEX6 is lower as long as it has a higher refresh-rate (doesn't flicker). If it does, I'm all over the NEX6!
  9. Dioptrick

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Thanks for the NEX6 link RT.

I'm really liking the look of that Mode Dial!!

Hmmm, built-in EVF as well huh... :D

10. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    The mode dial is kinda ugly, I woulda hoped they went for the NEX-7 aesthetics... It looks too much like a cheap copy from another design they just slapped on for testing, rather than a final. I hope so anyway!
  11. Dioptrick

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    I suppose because I was drawn to the 5N because of it's MF prowess, in the back of my mind I do treat the NEX like a retro MF rangefinder camera. Although I like the 'idea' of the twin programmable dials on the NEX7, what I'm really missing is that one single shutter-speed dial up top (instead of the mode-dial that's pictured).

I almost use my NEX exclusively with legacy glass - I can't get enough of the aesthetics of engraved numbers on the barrel, plus the DOF vernier scale. Every time I turn the aperture ring and feel and hear the mechanical ratchets clicking, I instinctively reach for a shutter-speed dial... that isn't there.

Oh well, I'll settle for something close enough...