• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

'Leaked NEX-6 & 5R Images'

korn_2956

TalkEmount Regular
I like the addition of a dial and more buttons to the 5r. Makes me wish i waited.

RT_Panther

TalkEmount Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks like the 6 has a real hot-shoe too.....:cool:

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
This will cause some dillemas to some people deciding as to whether to: which model to purchase, what features are they really after, or if they should wait even further.

Halka

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Ľubomír Brindza
So, NEX-6 looks mighty ugly with that protruding mode dial (although there seems to be another dial beneath it). Standard hot-shoe is nice, but looks like an afterthought, almost bolted-on.

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
My biggest irk with the 5N EVF is the flicker when the camera or the subject is moving because it triggers photo-sensitive nausea for me.

I don't mind if the EVF resolution of the NEX6 is lower as long as it has a higher refresh-rate (doesn't flicker). If it does, I'm all over the NEX6!

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Thanks for the NEX6 link RT.

I'm really liking the look of that Mode Dial!!

Hmmm, built-in EVF as well huh... :D

Become a member for free to remove site ads and see EXIF info for images.

quezra

TalkEmount All-Pro
The mode dial is kinda ugly, I woulda hoped they went for the NEX-7 aesthetics... It looks too much like a cheap copy from another design they just slapped on for testing, rather than a final. I hope so anyway!

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
I suppose because I was drawn to the 5N because of it's MF prowess, in the back of my mind I do treat the NEX like a retro MF rangefinder camera. Although I like the 'idea' of the twin programmable dials on the NEX7, what I'm really missing is that one single shutter-speed dial up top (instead of the mode-dial that's pictured).

I almost use my NEX exclusively with legacy glass - I can't get enough of the aesthetics of engraved numbers on the barrel, plus the DOF vernier scale. Every time I turn the aperture ring and feel and hear the mechanical ratchets clicking, I instinctively reach for a shutter-speed dial... that isn't there.

Oh well, I'll settle for something close enough...

Latest posts

Top Bottom