1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lba/gas

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by TonyTurley, Jun 11, 2013.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I just scored a Vivitar Macro Zoom 35-70mm f/2.8-3.8 for a very good price. I don't know why, but after reading about this lens a couple of weeks ago, I've wanted one. I also have a Sigma Zoom-Master 35-70mm f/2.8-4 on its way, but that one seems to have taken a detour somewhere out there. Ever hear of a shipment being sent by FedEx, then transferred to USPS, and getting a message saying "expect an additional day or two for shipping"? Anyway, once I receive both, I'll do a little shoot-out to compare.

My wife keeps giving me this sideways look when I tell her I got a "great deal" on another lens. I think it's a sickness.

Tony

2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Man I hate that look.....lol :D

Congrats on the purchase and looking forward for the comparison test ;)

3. Jaf-Photo

Jaf-Photo TalkEmount Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    By definition, lenses in the post never arrive fast enough. I think the delivery phenomenon you describe comes from the fact that a lot of parcel services now collaborate to avoid doubling their infrastructure.

Probably, your spouse won't be able to tell the difference between new and old lenses, so if you have them delivered to work, that might improve the ambience at home?

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Hope they get there soon and they are all you hope for.

5. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks for the support, guys. :) I just got a notice the Sigma was delivered this afternoon, so I know what I'll be doing this evening. I was really just joking about my wife; she likes to tease me about my toys sometimes, but doesn't give me a hard time.

Tony

6. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    My latest Vivitar arrived today. I love finding lens bargains! Unfortunately, it arrived a day or two before the NEX-FD adapter I ordered separately, so no playing this evening. My first impression is that it is almost identical in size and construction to the Sigma Zoom Master 35-70/2.8-4 I received earlier this week. Both are push-pull with the long end of the range close to the body. It is Komine-made, and it has me wondering if Komine had anything to do with the design of the Sigma lens. I intend to do some close comparison shooting between the Vivitar and Sigma lenses when my adapter arrives, but in the meantime, all I can offer is a photo of my newest gem.

Tony

Attached Files: