1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Last of the Bluebells...

Discussion in 'Nature' started by José De Bardi, May 17, 2014.

1. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    Went for a walk in the local woods which have awesome Bluebells every year, unfortunately our weekend plans the last 2 weeks have stopped us getting there until now and they were pretty much over, but still got a few nice shots.

First 2 on the SEL16-50 and last 2 on SEL35F18.

The woods also are the birth place of author Thomas Hardy, Hardy's Cottage.
    14205926244_e3e65ae89a_o. Hardy's Cottage by josedebardi, on Flickr

14206052955_b2fe1ed5ea_o. Hardy's Cottage Gardens by josedebardi, on Flickr

14202755191_1de111e84c_o. Tangled by josedebardi, on Flickr

14019391498_12ba39616a_o. Bluebells by josedebardi, on Flickr

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
  2. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    australia
    Chris
    really like the last one, beautiful colour

• Like Like x 1
  3. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    The first and last photos pretty much define "bucolic," don't they? And I love the perspective you chose on the second photo.

4. José De Bardi

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    Thanks - they certainly do, I was somewhat aiming for that in the first one. I have to remember I'm very lucky to have many of these spots on my doorstep. The Wife and I were saying on the way around how amazing it would have been to grow up in the cottage.

5. davegore2005

davegore2005 TalkEmount Regular

Jan 31, 2013
    amazing colours....fine shots

Dave

• Like Like x 1
  6. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    #2 really does it for me! Lovely composition and love how the sun lights up the flowers. The red flower in the rather green/violet scenery is just the cherry on top :thumbup:

Only thing that "bothers" me is the "ghosting" (is that the right term?) that appears on the lonely violet flower on the right of the frame - perhaps lens flare?

7. José De Bardi

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    Thanks.

It bothers me too!! But, to get the shot, HDR was required and unfortunately a breeze moved that flower between frames. I didn't notice at the time, only after I got home.
    It was a PAIN to get the shot as the camera was on the floor to the point I couldn't see the screen so was shooting blind and then checking it each time (which resulted in quite a few which weren't framed right until I got this one!). The problem was compounded by the fact my Wife was waiting in the corner of the garden, arms crossed (she does love hanging around waiting for me to take photos!), so I was kinda rushing the whole thing. Thanks for pointing it out ;)

• Like Like x 1