1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Larger, softer eyecup?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by dbmiller, Aug 28, 2015.

1. dbmiller

dbmiller TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    New England
    So between May and July, I now have lens implants. I was diagnosed with cataracts (Right eye, dominant, worse than the left). So now I'm far-sighted instead of near-sighted.

On the good side, the lens implants have made it easier to see in the EVF. Before I knew I had cataracts, I was never happy with the diopter adjustment, and could never figure out why. Turns out I was getting sort of a triple vision that in the EVF was just a mild blur.

So now I don't need glasses to see, except for reading. Which is really bizarre. So for the camera, I can now adjust the diopter for my eyes without glasses, and can see far away and shoot with the EVF just fine. But using the LCD means I can't see it - It's a blur. I've been thinking I should just turn the LCD off and use the EVF, but not 100% sure yet.

And to make matters worse, I find I'm poking myself in the eye with the camera! Since I'm not wearing glasses, nothing stops the camera, and after shooting today, my eye hurts. :cautious:

So I searched the web for some sort of larger, softer, eyecup that would mount on the A6000, but can't locate one. There is supposedly a version that went on the RX1, but I can't find a source - But $55 or more, is too much.

I'm looking more for something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EyeCup-for-...Sigma-LEICA-/280368229962?hash=item41473fae4a

But it doesn't look like it will work with the A6000.

Anyone else know of an alternative eyecup to the FDA-EP10?

2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Not much of a help, but I've also read that the RX1 Eyepiece is the one to get. Unfortunately, I've never seen one for sale in my daily ebay rounds... How about calling B&H photo and ask them?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Agree...the price is obscene but I put the large RX1 eyecup on the NEX/7...just gritted my teeth and resigned myself to the fact that it was part of the overall camera cost