Lack of E mount lens choices - I don't mind

William Kramer

TalkEmount Rookie
:)I was thinking about the small number of E mount lens' available for the Nex cameras and have come up with the conclusion that for me it's a good thing. Being in at the start of a whole new system gives me the opportunity to gather up what should become a great selection of lens' over time without having to make choices over what lens' I want to buy first due to financial considerations. As Sony is going to be releasing lens' over time I can buy them all over time rather then having to choose or spend a whole lot of money all at once.

I already have the first 3 lens' and the 2 accessory lens' for the 16mm. The Nex 7, 50mm and 24mm are on order and I will be notified when the 35mm is available. I won't be needing the 55-210 since I already have the 18-200.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Being in at the start of a whole new system gives me the opportunity to gather up what should become a great selection of lens' over time without having to make choices over what lens' I want to buy first due to financial considerations.
That's the spirit :). I wish it worked that way for me, but I often have to sell what I own to buy the next thing. Still, I'm pretty happy with the way the NEX lineup is shaping up. The 18-55mm kit lens is actually quite good, and the Zeiss 24 and Sony 50 should be a great pair of primes.

William Kramer

TalkEmount Rookie
So I take it you purchased a NEX-3 almost a year and a half ago then?
I actually bought a Nex 5 and a VG10 in April 2011 so I have not been waiting as long as others for new lens' to come out. I actually just sold the VG10 on Ebay to pay for some of what I have on order. The Nex 7 will be able to do better video then the VG10.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom