1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Lack of E mount lens choices - I don't mind

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by William Kramer, Oct 3, 2011.

1. William Kramer

William Kramer TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 11, 2011
    :)I was thinking about the small number of E mount lens' available for the Nex cameras and have come up with the conclusion that for me it's a good thing. Being in at the start of a whole new system gives me the opportunity to gather up what should become a great selection of lens' over time without having to make choices over what lens' I want to buy first due to financial considerations. As Sony is going to be releasing lens' over time I can buy them all over time rather then having to choose or spend a whole lot of money all at once.

I already have the first 3 lens' and the 2 accessory lens' for the 16mm. The Nex 7, 50mm and 24mm are on order and I will be notified when the 35mm is available. I won't be needing the 55-210 since I already have the 18-200.

2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    So I take it you purchased a NEX-3 almost a year and a half ago then?

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    That's the spirit :). I wish it worked that way for me, but I often have to sell what I own to buy the next thing. Still, I'm pretty happy with the way the NEX lineup is shaping up. The 18-55mm kit lens is actually quite good, and the Zeiss 24 and Sony 50 should be a great pair of primes.

4. William Kramer

William Kramer TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 11, 2011
    I actually bought a Nex 5 and a VG10 in April 2011 so I have not been waiting as long as others for new lens' to come out. I actually just sold the VG10 on Ebay to pay for some of what I have on order. The Nex 7 will be able to do better video then the VG10.

5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    Hence why you don't mind the lack of lens choices - you haven't been waiting as long as others :)