Lack of E mount lens choices - I don't mind

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by William Kramer, Oct 3, 2011.

1. William Kramer

William Kramer TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 11, 2011
    :)I was thinking about the small number of E mount lens' available for the Nex cameras and have come up with the conclusion that for me it's a good thing. Being in at the start of a whole new system gives me the opportunity to gather up what should become a great selection of lens' over time without having to make choices over what lens' I want to buy first due to financial considerations. As Sony is going to be releasing lens' over time I can buy them all over time rather then having to choose or spend a whole lot of money all at once.

I already have the first 3 lens' and the 2 accessory lens' for the 16mm. The Nex 7, 50mm and 24mm are on order and I will be notified when the 35mm is available. I won't be needing the 55-210 since I already have the 18-200.

2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    So I take it you purchased a NEX-3 almost a year and a half ago then?

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    That's the spirit :). I wish it worked that way for me, but I often have to sell what I own to buy the next thing. Still, I'm pretty happy with the way the NEX lineup is shaping up. The 18-55mm kit lens is actually quite good, and the Zeiss 24 and Sony 50 should be a great pair of primes.

4. William Kramer

William Kramer TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 11, 2011
    I actually bought a Nex 5 and a VG10 in April 2011 so I have not been waiting as long as others for new lens' to come out. I actually just sold the VG10 on Ebay to pay for some of what I have on order. The Nex 7 will be able to do better video then the VG10.

5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    Hence why you don't mind the lack of lens choices - you haven't been waiting as long as others :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.