1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

La-ea2 nex-6 woes. Help please!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Pav, May 20, 2014.

1. Pav

Pav TalkEmount Rookie

Mar 24, 2014
    So I'm at my wits end. I can't find anything else that will help me.
    I purchased the nex 6 and LA ea2, with the understanding that I could use a mount lenses. Great! So my old Minolta glass works, the 50 1.7, 24-85, 35-70, 80-200, and 75-300. Then my tamron 11-18... Perfect. But my most used lens, the tamron 17-50 2.8.... Not so lucky. :-( I have control of aperture, and when I switch from af-mf. I can hear it click over in the lens. When I turn the camera on with it attached it doesn't run through the focus distance like with the other lenses. I know the lens works for sure. As I've used it recently on other full size bodies. And with it on the nex, it recognizes something is there. Since I can change aperture values. I've heard of it not recognizing this lens and the 90 macro before. But. It knows it's there obviously. It just won't focus. Have tried wiggling it around to see if it's contacts. And a thread on dyxum suggested I try deoxit contact cleaner and enhancer. Tried it. No different. Done a hard reset. Nothing different. HELP. Haha. Any suggestions would be welcome? Or thoughts as to why it can change aperture. And flick between af-mf ( when in AF, focus ring is hard to move, as if engaged by the motor) many many thanks in advance

Sent from my XT1033 using TalkEmount mobile app

2. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Sounds like a firmware problem. Contacting both Sony and Tamron about the issue might be your best bet.

3. Pav

Pav TalkEmount Rookie

Mar 24, 2014
    Haha. Tamron's reply was. The only nex lens we have is the 18-200. Would you like information on that?
    Sigh. Idiots

Sent from my XT1033 using TalkEmount mobile app

4. Amamba

Amamba TalkEmount All-Pro

Apr 13, 2013
    SE MI
    Can you rent another Tamron & see if that works ? Or if there's a lens rental place near you they will probably let you test the camera in store for free.