LA-EA 4 not holding properly on A7

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by M4C, Oct 6, 2017.

1. M4C

M4C TalkEmount Rookie

Apr 26, 2017
    Hi, I have a little problem with la-ea4 on my A7, it´s kinda wobbly (As a non native english speaker, I´m not sure, if its really the right word for it). The problem is, that I sometimes need to reattach the lens, so I can get the camera communicate with the lens. It was really frustrating, when I got it to a wedding, thankfully no shots missed. Also it doesn´t happen with light lens (like my Minolta kit lens, which I had on my old minolta SLR), but with Tamron 28-75 2.8 (which is no way as heavy as some lenses)
    Anyone had similar problem or have any solution for it? (tried to screw all the screws as much as it was possible)

2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    That's a known issue on the older A7 (A7 & A7R) cameras. Fotodiox sells a Tough E-mount replacement mount that you can easily install yourself. I've never tried it, having upgraded to the A7II which doesn't suffer from that issue. But I've not heard anything bad about it except that some lenses are a little harder to mount and dismount. But the wobble is fixed.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. M4C

M4C TalkEmount Rookie

Apr 26, 2017
    Thank you very much for such a fast answer!
    Was trying to find an answer on google for at least one hour and came with nothing, I´ll have to learn to google better, I guess :)

4. JMM

JMM TalkEmount Regular

Jul 29, 2016
    John
    It's not just A7, same thing with A6000, E-mount overall. If you mount A-Mount lens it's like rock, but E-mounts are just wobbly.