1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Konica hexanon AR lenses

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by asimkalkan, Dec 13, 2012.

1. asimkalkan

asimkalkan TalkEmount Regular

Sep 27, 2012
    Can we make list of hexanon lenses and share our user reviev of this lenses?

Sent from my Lubitel 2 using Tapatalk 2

2. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    Anyone in particular you are looking at? They're excellent lenses, among the ones that seem to be well suited to life on the NEX are the 40/1.8 (Tokina made), 50/1.4, 135/3.2 and my favorite the 24/2.8.

3. asimkalkan

asimkalkan TalkEmount Regular

Sep 27, 2012
    Hmm i bought 57 1.4 and it on way coming :)

Do you recommend 24mm?

Sent from my Lubitel 2 using Tapatalk 2

4. dixeyk

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    The 57/1.4 uses (as I recall) the same optical formula as the much loved 57/1.2 (thought by some to be the best 1.2 from any maker). Unfortunately I don't have any experience with either lens. There is an excellent resource for Konica lenses HERE. I refer to it often. I have always like Konica lenses. I currently have a 24/2.8, 35/2.8 and 200/3.5 that I like quite a bit. The 24/2.8 is a large lens (although not as heavy as my Rokkor 24) with excellent sharpness and terrific OOF backgrounds. It's a bit pricey (mine was $175) but IMHO it's a bit sharper than my Rokkor 24 which is reputed to be a design that Leica used as their 24/2.8 R lens.

5. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    I tried the 40/1.8 and found it ok but very unspectacular. Had an opportunity to sell it at a profit and did. I would like to try out the 28/1.8 but it's in another plane of orbit as far as price goes :(

6. dixeyk

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    I thought the Konica 40 was pretty sharp stopped down but wide open it's pretty glowy and soft. The bokeh IMHO was pretty busy. I have had a few of them and I always end up selling them. Some copies have been better than others. I'd love a 28/1.8. I just picked up a 35/2.8 and it's pretty decent. I think it's an underrated lens.

7. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Yeah I should have given it a longer trial but I was really unhappy with the lack of a midstop between f1.8 and 2.8 which is where I like to shoot :(