1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Kodak printing Ektar 100m f4.5 on A6000

Discussion in 'Nature' started by kryss, Jun 16, 2016.

1. kryss

kryss TalkEmount Rookie

Dec 8, 2014
  2. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    Welcome to talkemount.

So I may be dense in my comprehension here, but - you copied Ektar negs using your A6000 and a 100mm lens at f4.5? Is that right?

I am interested in how that worked out as I have a bunch of stored negatives I have been debating how best to get into a digital format. I considered having a service do it, even looked at picking up one of the old scanners that photo shops used, as you can get them fairly cheap. I would think shooting them yourself would be very time-consuming, but maybe there are some tricks to reduce the time. I assume there was some post-processing - what software did you use, if I may ask?

3. sesser

sesser TalkEmount Regular

May 21, 2016
    randy
    I believe the lens used is an enlarger lens... Ektar 100/4.5
    4928676014_0c14c3427b_z.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    Ah cool, that makes a lot more sense... and quite interesting to boot. :)

5. kryss

kryss TalkEmount Rookie

Dec 8, 2014
    This being my first post I am sorry for double Peony shot,the lens is used for printing applications and cobbled to M42 and short helicoid no aperture in lens but provides excellent use for Macro which is 98.5% of my shots.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kryss

kryss TalkEmount Rookie

Dec 8, 2014
    Hi Bob,software used photoshop cloud 2015 and Nik(free from Google) as for digitizing Negs. Epson scanners are reasonable and should produce acceptable results.