Kit lens - is it any good?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by soundimageplus, Sep 11, 2011.

1. heatherthevet

heatherthevet TalkEmount Regular

Aug 13, 2011
    Is it any good? Yes.

2. Bugleone

Bugleone TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 21, 2011
    I agree with Heather,...it's small, light, inexpensive, offers several important 'views' or focal lengths and is nicely sharp at f8,..so what's not to like?

....Well actually, I don't like the lack of depth of field provision, but that's another subject!

3. macjim

macjim TalkEmount Regular

Aug 10, 2011
    Uhm: which kit lens are you referring too? The 16mm kit or the zoom? Or both!

Cheers, Macjim.

4. Bugleone

Bugleone TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 21, 2011
    Dear Macjim,....you don't think that "Tests and comparison between the 18-55mm kit lens and two m-mount Voigtlander lenses" might offer some kind of clue?...:cool:

5. macjim

Aug 10, 2011
    Well, the first entry in this conversation had no text so I'm only going by the conversation heading. So there's no, as far as I can see, any mention of voightlander lenses. Could be a problem with this app!

Cheers, Macjim.

6. macjim

Aug 10, 2011
    Just checked soundimageplus' text to use as a quote and the text appeared mentioning the Voightlander, but it's blank at the start of this discussion so, it's a fault with this Tapatalk App.

Cheers, Macjim.

7. heatherthevet

heatherthevet TalkEmount Regular

Aug 13, 2011
    Most folk call the 18-55 the kit lens and the 16mm the pancake lens. And they call the 18-200 too expensive :)