Juxtapositional Lament

Discussion in 'Coffee Bar' started by Phoenix, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    So day that has come, after days and days of hectic planning, including many sleepless nights my wedding day is just a mere 6 hours away, followed shortly by a 14 hour plane ride to Japan for my honeymoon / reception

As the hours draws nearer it is becoming more obvious that the lens I have ordered (Voigtlander Nokton 35mm 1.2 V2) back in September will not arrive in time and I'm feeling a bit deflated about it because I really wanted to do a thorough testing of the lens on my trip, but then again....

1. It cant be helped as this lens is the very defintion of popular some of the examples of shots used with this lens can be found here, The shipment for October is yet to arrive and it is already sold out due to pre-orders, if you wish to order this lens you will most likely wait for the November shipment and even then it's not guaranteed.

2. It's my wedding day and all I can think of is a bloody lens!! (but hey, it's my own coping mechanism)

So with that said I'll most likely will be travelling with my trusty Rokkor-X 50mm 1.4, (maybe) a Rokkor 135mm 2.8 and (Travisennis & Streetshooter I BLAME THE BOTH OF YOU, my life was perfectly fine before, without the..) something wide like the 16mm pancake kit lens. I'll probably post most of this on the 'What's in your bag' thread when I get back.

Hopefully I can take some nice shots on my holiday and I'll share them when I get back, I proabably wont get to post anything till then (lets see how bad the withdrawal symptoms get ;) )

Anyways, see you in a half a month folks!!
  2. heatherthevet

heatherthevet TalkEmount Regular

Aug 13, 2011
    Have a great time Phoenix- don't sweat it about the lens, I'm sure the lenses you are taking with you will cover everything just fine. It's a pest but not the end of the world! And your wife will be much happier if you're not spending all your time playing with the new lens - I don't think that's how honeymoons are supposed to go!

Looking forward to seeing the picture you do get. I hear Japan is not a bad place to pick up techy stuff - who knows what you may come back with!
  3. Travisennis

Travisennis TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Jasper, Indiana
    Phoenix, good luck with the wedding and I'm sorry to hear your lens will not arrive on time, but, as Heather said, it may be for the best that you don't have a shiny new toy to play with on your honeymoon. :)

Enjoy your next few weeks and we all will be keen to see what images you capture while you are away.
  4. jebuskrust

jebuskrust TalkEmount Regular

Sep 16, 2011
    Limassol, Cyprus
    Just focus on the honeymoon and exercise in making some baby pheonixes. Forget about lenses and tech talk :)
  5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ

Enjoy your event and forget about the lens. Easier said than done I guess especially since you have been waiting for it patiently.

Congrats on the day:)
  6. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    Good luck. Enjoy Japan - somewhere I've not made it to yet.

Be nice to the good lady and who knows, maybe you'll get to pick up some new toys while your out there. Where better to sample new gear than Japan?
  7. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Hehehe, thanks folks, It was a really great trip albiet tiring.

@Heather, I ended up losing stuff as opposed to acquiring stuff ;) I did get a cool novel wristwatch though :D

@Travis & Dave, I just recieved an email from the supplier and they advised me that the shipment has just arrived, looks like I'll be recieving the lens in a day or two, I'll post some photos, samples and an un-scientific review of it when I recieve it.

@Jebus, err....the world is not ready for little Phoenixes ;)

@Olli, thanks dude, I highly recommend travelling to Japan, even if not taking photos, it is such a beautiful place (with cute girls ;) )

Thanks guys!!