• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Just Wondered...Came to Mind this Question

bobbill

TalkEmount Veteran
We tend to this and that, but really, does it matter in digital what body?
We have digital sensors, new and adapted lenses and post picture work.
So what makes the pic?
In film, formats went from tiny to large formats.
With Adams we had lots of dark room art;
Cartier-Bresson, Vivian and more, like Time-Lifer Rosenblatt, some arresting views.
There are the lucky grabs and painful digital work...
But in the end lunch is lunch, and there are really no free lunches.

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
Gear does not entirely, or even majorly, make the photograph, that is true. But it is a factor.

You could make a painting with ordinary household brushes and latex paint, but it might turn out better with art brushes and watercolor or oil paints.
You could do the Indianapolis 500 in a Yugo, but I would not expect to take first place.
You could... well, you get the idea.

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
Generally they are all pretty capable. Even beginning photographers can get good shots.

But they all have different features. Some have amazing auto focus, some do not. Some have built in IBIS, some do not. Some have incredible low light focus, some do not. Some feel great on the hand and feel natural, some do not.

And then there are lenses. Now, they all have very similar lenses but some are exceptional and unavailable on other makers.

And finally, color pallet. While shooting in RAW fixes a lot but many swear the out of camera image is much better in certain makers and need less processing.

Just a few thoughts

bobbill

TalkEmount Veteran
Light...of course...a given.

Davect101, we understand, still, as noted and implied, might not matter.

Not to fret...the universal appeal must be present...so what is that?

Am thinking device is not in the tool.

Some decades back I saw a show wherein the photos the artist displayed were all the product of a cheap film machinelike a cube camera,..which I, of course, pooh-poohed out of hand and lost, save one thing, no critters in the photos...now maybe wish I should have paid greater attention.

Wait.

Am sure the format will reappear in this new light-recording form...

Last edited:

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount All-Pro
Along the same lines... Since the image is recorded on a card, why couldn't we have cards that are more sensitive which might increase the ISO sensitivity of the camera.

Or is this an idea like Trump's ingesting Lysol to combat Covid-10 :dance3:

Latest threads

Top Bottom