Just purchased a Sony NEX-6

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by MySonyNex-5R, Mar 22, 2013.

1. MySonyNex-5R

MySonyNex-5R TalkEmount Regular

Feb 20, 2013
    Morgan Hill, California
    PhatMR
    UPDATED 2.25.13 BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!! AJRICHIES.COM IS A SCAM!!!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM. I just purchased a Brand New Sony NEX-6 (Body only) online at AJRichies.com for $684.99 Free Shipping No Tax. How good is this deal? Do you think the price dropped because a new Nex-6 is coming out? I've done my research and this seems like the best deal around. Avg price was $848. Amazon & B&H Photo. I can't wait until it arrives. Upgraded from my NEX-5R because of the Built in EVF on the NEX-6 and the great deal!!

2. Peter Chin

Peter Chin TalkEmount Regular

Jan 20, 2013
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Peter Chin is my real name.
    That's a great deal best I've seen is $729 CAD but I have had no experience with AJRichies.

3. MySonyNex-5R

MySonyNex-5R TalkEmount Regular

Feb 20, 2013
    Morgan Hill, California
    PhatMR
    AJRichies.com is a scam!!!!! Thankfully my bank was aware of this and blocked the transaction. It seems like many people already have cases against them. beware!!! I got lucky!!!

4. Javcky

Javcky TalkEmount Rookie

Apr 17, 2012
    Just did a quick Yahoo!/Google search about them and found thousands of complaints against this company. Apparently they have a gig, You place order, they call or email you to "confirm" order, in reality they push accessories or warranties on you and if you turn them down they delay your shipping if they ever send the item to you.

Glad to hear things worked out for you and you got your money back. It is amazing companies like them are not immediately shutdown.

Cheers,

5. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    That is pretty well known scam type. See here:
    The worst Photo stores or Avoiding scams when buying photo gear

6. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    olli
    Companies like this will never go out of business because too many of us (not singling anyone out) lose our common sense when we see great deals on things we want.

7. Rich

Rich TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 20, 2012
    Salisbury UK
    Richard
    Glad you got it sorted and haven't lost out.

Personally, I never, ever buy hardware online. If I'm buying a camera it comes from a shop made of bricks, has people behind the counter and most importantly stock that I can handle!

8. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim