just got my 3N and here's a question on flexible spot focus...

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by vajratlr, May 7, 2013.

1. vajratlr

vajratlr New to TalkEmount

May 7, 2013
    just bought this camera and still not very familiar with it. Does anyone know if you can adjust focus area on the fly(similar to DSLR) instead of going into MENU>CAMERA>AUTOFOCUS AREA? Any easier way to adjust focus area???

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Sorry I can't answer your question as I have never used flexible focus spots, but welcome to the forum. Someone who can answer your question will be along shortly I'm sure. :)

3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    If you are asking if you can change the style of focusing, then yes. It is one of my custom buttons. However like many functions is depends on what mode you are in. Some modes don't let you change the focus style.

If you are asking about moving the focus, while in Flexible Focus, then you should know there is a small button on the lower right that allows you to adjust your spot.

4. vajratlr

vajratlr New to TalkEmount

May 7, 2013
    I feel like an idiot, I see the icon on the lower right that I didn't see before, thanks man!

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    no problem

It is kind of small and out of the way.

6. Amamba

Amamba TalkEmount All-Pro

Apr 13, 2013
    SE MI
    And in a wrong spot, they should've swapped it with Menu button so that it would be easier to push with camera at eye level.

7. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    This is the one thing that is neat with the touch screen. Touch the spot you want to focus on and it takes the picture.