Just for feedback!

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Ray Vardy, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Ray Vardy

Ray Vardy TalkEmount Regular

How could I have made this a more interesting pic.?

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/ray_vardy/7170574975/" title="DSC00690 by Ray_Vardy, on Flickr"> 7170574975_0976445c93. "500" height="281" alt="DSC00690"></a>

2. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    IMHO, perhaps none...

It is well composed and very pleasing! :)

The overcast lighting is perfect for the subject, bright sunlight would've blown the highlights and would've created harsh shadows.
    The shallow DOF places the attention on the flowers at the right foreground, so the eye travels from there to the background at the left and back again. If the DOF was too deep and everything was in focus, I would struggle to know where the main subject is... and because the composition has no straight converging lines, it would loose it's perspective and become flat. So choosing a shallow DOF works very well - for me anyway.
  3. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Good use of DOF as Dioptrick says, but personally I think the subject takes up too much of the frame. A certain amount of negative space makes a better photo.

Just my opinion, YMMV. ;)
  4. Ray Vardy

Ray Vardy TalkEmount Regular

Dioptrick thanks very much for helping me understood the shot! Bimbjo, yes maybe that's it, thank you.