1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Just for curiosity...

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by TonyTurley, Mar 2, 2016.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    It has been quite some time since I posted here. I just needed to get away from forums in general for a while, although I do participate on the ForeverFilm site. I've been doing a fair bit of film shooting. I'm still using the A7 and E-M5 a lot, too. My A7 got dropped in a river last year, but survived with only a fried battery. I just sent it in for a low pass filter replacement, as there was some residual smudging on the inside of the plate that had to be edited out every time I photographed something with a light background.

My inbox has been full of teases and announcements concerning the long-awaited FF Pentax K-1. I used to have their K-30 APS-C DSLR. It recorded excellent images, and the weather sealing was top notch (Sony could learn a lot from Olympus and Pentax in that regard). However, I never fully gelled with it, and eventually sold it. The K-1 reminds me of a K-30 on steroids. If you go to camerasize.com, you can compare it with the A7. The top view shows how massive it really is. Eventually I'd like to get a rugged, weather sealed FF camera, but size and weight are premium factors for me, as I hike a lot. For now, the A7 rides in a canvas bag, away from the elements.

TT

• Like Like x 3
  2. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Glad to see that you're still alive and well...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks. Still hanging around and getting lost in the woods and snapping pics.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Nice to hear from you indeed and hope to see you around more often now :)
    Funny thing is that just 2 days I was wondering how you've been since I hadn't see you post for quite some time - talking about coincidence :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nexnut

Nexnut TalkEmount Top Veteran

Yeah, nice to hear from you, Tony. (I've been away from some forums as well).

I'm doing my best not to get back into film, at least 35mm, but that itch just won't go away. I still have some of my old gear stored somewhere and god knows how many rolls in a friends' fridge but luckily it's all out of reach at the moment :). Looking forward to seeing some of your shots once you get your A7 back.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Hi Tony! Nice to see you checking in. You've been missed.
    Nothing wrong taking a break from forums. Real life has its demands after all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    Good to see you back Tony!

Sent from my iPhone using TalkEmount mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Hi folks. Just wanted to pop in and visit for a while. I'm still ticking along with my Olympus E-M5 and a couple of small primes, as well as the Fuji X30 when I want to drop a small camera in a large pocket and go minimalist. I flirted around with Fuji APS-C for a while, but ended up selling it all and going back to MFT. Due to tendonitis in one foot, I've cut back on my hiking somewhat and have added biking where the trails aren't too wild. Spent a lot of time chasing foliage and waterfalls this Autumn. Here are a couple of my excursions, if anyone is interested:

Some Autumn Scenery
    Babcock State Park
    Olympus OM-D E-M5 Image Thread

Having a great time out in the wild. Still getting older and grumpier, and about to welcome granddaughter #2. (I'm too young to be a grandpa!) :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Hi Tony, good to hear from you again. That tendonitis must be a real annoyance since you love hiking. You caught some great scenery there! I'm certainly old enough to be a grandpa but no dice...

10. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Hey Tony! The Autumn scenery is magnificent. Take care of that tendon, it will heal, albeit slowly. Getting old sucks! :D
    And congrats on being a grand dad again! You are blessed!

11. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks Ad. It does indeed slow down my hiking somewhat, but it's worse some times than others. If there's an up side, it's that there is no pain at all when I ride my bike, as that doesn't put any pressure on my metatarsal pad, so I've been able to stay active. However, there are some places you just can't take a bike!

Thanks Will. I am blessed indeed. And yes, getting old(er) isn't for sissies! :)

• Like Like x 1