Just for curiosity...

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by TonyTurley, Mar 2, 2016.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    It has been quite some time since I posted here. I just needed to get away from forums in general for a while, although I do participate on the ForeverFilm site. I've been doing a fair bit of film shooting. I'm still using the A7 and E-M5 a lot, too. My A7 got dropped in a river last year, but survived with only a fried battery. I just sent it in for a low pass filter replacement, as there was some residual smudging on the inside of the plate that had to be edited out every time I photographed something with a light background.

My inbox has been full of teases and announcements concerning the long-awaited FF Pentax K-1. I used to have their K-30 APS-C DSLR. It recorded excellent images, and the weather sealing was top notch (Sony could learn a lot from Olympus and Pentax in that regard). However, I never fully gelled with it, and eventually sold it. The K-1 reminds me of a K-30 on steroids. If you go to camerasize.com, you can compare it with the A7. The top view shows how massive it really is. Eventually I'd like to get a rugged, weather sealed FF camera, but size and weight are premium factors for me, as I hike a lot. For now, the A7 rides in a canvas bag, away from the elements.

• Like Like x 3
  2. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    Glad to see that you're still alive and well...
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks. Still hanging around and getting lost in the woods and snapping pics.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Nice to hear from you indeed and hope to see you around more often now :)
    Funny thing is that just 2 days I was wondering how you've been since I hadn't see you post for quite some time - talking about coincidence :D
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Nexnut

Nexnut TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 3, 2012
    somewhere betwixt here and now
    Yeah, nice to hear from you, Tony. (I've been away from some forums as well).

I'm doing my best not to get back into film, at least 35mm, but that itch just won't go away. I still have some of my old gear stored somewhere and god knows how many rolls in a friends' fridge but luckily it's all out of reach at the moment :). Looking forward to seeing some of your shots once you get your A7 back.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Hi Tony! Nice to see you checking in. You've been missed.
    Nothing wrong taking a break from forums. Real life has its demands after all.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Good to see you back Tony!

Sent from my iPhone using TalkEmount mobile app
    • Like Like x 1