1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Just Dove In

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by MisterScott, Jul 18, 2014.

1. MisterScott

MisterScott New to TalkEmount

Jul 18, 2014
    Hi everyone, I just dove in. I bought a 7s and 7r. I shot a Olympus E1, E3 and E5 for the last 10 years. I was looking for something new and a bit lighter. Learning about Sony, the lenses and the cameras. Look forward to soaking it all in. My love affair with Sony on electronics has been on and off over the years. I have an RX100 and RX100III that I carry when I am traveling for business and started doing some reading on the A7. Thanks in advance for all the help.

2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Welcome Mr. Scott! You've bought an A7S AND an A7R? I'm sure that all of our hats are off to you! Looking forward to seeing what you capture with them. :D

3. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Welcome to the forum. And, like, Wow! :rofl:

4. jcdoss

jcdoss TalkEmount Regular

Jul 6, 2013
    Welcome, and holy crap!

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Welcome

6. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    Welcome MisterScott. And I might as well add my "WOW" to the thread.

7. MisterScott

MisterScott New to TalkEmount

Jul 18, 2014
    Thanks all. I have very few hobbies and three kids, a wife and a job. Job has me traveling so I try and make the most of my travel. My subjects have been my family in recent years. We hired a (an expensive) photographer last year for family photos. I brought my E5 along and was shooting informally while she shot the family out in a field. Her pics were horrible (wife decided to pay because she is a friend and local). All my shots are hanging in the house and on display. Our yearly family photo is hers. None of my shots, of course, had me in them....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  8. dragion

dragion TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 8, 2014
    Boston, MA
    William
    Greetings MisterScott.
    Wonderful frame there...thank you for sharing!

By the way, :Welcome:

9. jeffryscott

jeffryscott TalkEmount Regular

Jul 7, 2014
    Welcome. Loved my Olympus E-1 and the lenses.