• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Just did something crazy ! (eBay related)

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
The C3 has been waiting at the post office for close to a week. I'll fetch it on monday. The SEL 35 will be delivered as well, as should the 7. It's raining NEX !

kevistopheles

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Kevin how on earth do you know about those places ?!? Did you check Wikipedia for French ghettos, lol ?!

I spent a year there teaching the Dim Mak death touch to prostitutes so they could learn to protect themselves against their less than cordial "clients"...before I joined the Foreign Legion...or I maybe I looked up "worst neighborhoods in Paris" on Google. You decide. :biggrin:

kevistopheles

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Well the shipping wasn't THAT bad, it was just above what I know it'll truly cost. But the seller answered my mails and will go to the Post Office tomorrow and get back to me with a quote. Looks like he's ok with selling the kit as low as it went for. The lateral sides of the top plates of the body are scuffed by the metal lugs of the strap, other than that body and lenses are pristine. Once lenses are sold it'll be a 7 for about 500€, do all in all I'm blissful.

Next time you start with Fuji this or Panasonic that I'm going to send you a telegram with just three word on it....WE'RE YOUR FAMILY (actually that's really four word because we're is a contraction and should really means we are but you get the idea). Now get back to those heartbreakingly beautiful pictures of your giant dachshund and my sons future wife.

Welcome back.

teefin1

TalkEmount Top Veteran
The C3 has been waiting at the post office for close to a week. I'll fetch it on monday. The SEL 35 will be delivered as well, as should the 7. It's raining NEX !

That makes monday one of the very few in history to lok forward to! Actually I always look forward to Monday, its my husband's only day off, which makes Saturday and Sunday really tedious :)

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
I spent a year there teaching the Dim Mak death touch to prostitutes so they could learn to protect themselves against their less than cordial "clients"...before I joined the Foreign Legion...or I maybe I looked up "worst neighborhoods in Paris" on Google. You decide. :biggrin:

Before we marry the kids you can teach me that Dim Mak thingy, always good to know ;)
I love the FAMILY concept, and truly this is how it's felt here since the beginning. Believe it or not but I'm not shooting m4/3 anymore for community reason, and just couldn't stand being NEXless for more than a few hours, I just seem to belong with you guys. It's not the camera, it's the Spirit.

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
Hmm, I think Colt's going to resent that Giant Dachshund concept ;)

kevistopheles

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Before we marry the kids you can teach me that Dim Mak thingy, always good to know ;)
I love the FAMILY concept, and truly this is how it's felt here since the beginning. Believe it or not but I'm not shooting m4/3 anymore for community reason, and just couldn't stand being NEXless for more than a few hours, I just seem to belong with you guys. It's not the camera, it's the Spirit.

It's not the camera at all, it the people. Cameras come and go but it's the support and community that drives us all to create and encourages us to reach out to one another. This community here is unlike any other I have been part of and a truly wonderful thing to be part of.

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
Yes Kevin, very true. The fact that there's also a bunch of talented and/or fast improving photog's daily posting beautiful shots is very inspiring. If I'd bought an X-E1 I'd feel like an orphan, lol.
Not saying I won't get one in the future, but I think I'll always keep one foot solidly in the NEX community as this really has become "home". When I remember the amount of hate and hostility I received in some specific DPR sub forum, I'm really grateful I've found this place.

kevistopheles

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Yes Kevin, very true. The fact that there's also a bunch of talented and/or fast improving photog's daily posting beautiful shots is very inspiring. If I'd bought an X-E1 I'd feel like an orphan, lol.
Not saying I won't get one in the future, but I think I'll always keep one foot solidly in the NEX community as this really has become "home". When I remember the amount of hate and hostility I received in some specific DPR sub forum, I'm really grateful I've found this place.

Virtual group hug :biggrin:...does anyone here know the words to Kumbaya? I'm kidding of course, I KNOW the words to Kumbaya...and I agree wholeheartedly.

christilou

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Christina
Glad it all turned out okay in the end! I keep seeing that pink NEX 3 advertised...... I love pink....... dare I LOL!

teefin1

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I would have liked a pink one, black gets a little repetitive. :)

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
You girls are wilder than I am !! I did note to myself the pink one was awfully cute, but AFAIC, cameras are BLACK

kevistopheles

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I want a camera that matches my eyes...black and pulsing with evil...but pink is cool too!

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
I have to say the black X10 and NEX 7 pair is quite sleek looking

Latest threads

Top Bottom