1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Just did something crazy ! (eBay related)

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by nianys, Feb 6, 2013.

1. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Err... OMG, I just bid on a 2 lens NEX 7 kit (in rather rough shape, it's been on a world tour) and... won it ! I didn't expect it to go that cheap and put a really conservative bid except... the auction didn't go up and I ended being the winner bidder even lower than my max bid !!
    NEX 7 bodies with accessories (no box), SEL 18-55 (black) and SEL 16 for 745€...
    Only glitch is that I had emailed the seller earlier in the week to inquire about lowering shipping fee (which was outrageous in the listing) and the guy answered, sounding really quarrelsome and a total jerk, lol.
    So now I emailed him to ask, again, to adapt the shipping fee, if he doesn't accept I'm calling the sale off and will be non paying.
    Anyway if he complies (which he probably will), then it looks like I'm a NEX 7 owner again !!

2. Nubster

Nubster TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 5, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Chad
    Congrats...maybe. If he's that much a jerk, hopefully he won't mess up the camera before it gets shipped.

3. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Great price! I'd be happy to get a NEX-7 alone for that money. ;) But yeah, this will be another year investing in lenses for me, so my NEX-5 has still a long way to go.

4. Hawon

Hawon TalkEmount Regular

Feb 5, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Hawon
    Paypal seems to lean towards to buyer more than seller.

I hope he complies and you get the camera you love!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

5. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    I know for a fact he wanted 850 for that kit (worth it, too). 745 for the kit is just insanely cheap, even taking the chipped paint into account (rest of the camera is pristine, screen protected from day 1, etc). He might want to cancel the auction due to the low ending price, who knows... There's no way I'm over paying for shipping, I know shipping fees VERY well since I buy and sell stuff all the time. Won't get screwed on shipping.

6. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Wow, congrats Claire!!! (well, if all go well with the buyer that is)

Are you planning on keeping the 2 E-mount lenses or selling them to lower your purchase price?

7. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    I'm selling them !! I've always preferred the black 18-55 to the silver version, not only does it look much better, but it was also a little faster at AF in my experience (I know there is no technical fact to back my impression up though). I have no use for the 16 as I never use wide angle. So both will be priced to sell and listed upon receiving the kit.

8. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    ;)

In that case it looks like you just bought a Nex-7 for what? 400€-450€?

:eek:

9. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Nope, the 18-55 black goes used for about 135€ and the SEL16 for 100€. 760 (shipped) - 235 = 525€. Sure, the body's corners are scuffed and it's boxless, but that's still a pretty sweet price ;)

10. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Ah yes, I'm more used to UK prices where prices are normally a little higher
    Still a good deal ;)

11. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Yeah that's a GREAT deal !! I just listed both lenses on the dedicated French Alpha & NEX forum. I guess I'll be listing the C3 I just bought as well. Dang, I haven't even tried the thing yet !

12. gio

gio TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Manchester, uk
    haha ,you are absolutely mad, in a nice way

13. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Well, that was just a crazy good deal I couldn't pass on !! A NEX 7 for a little over 500€ ?? Sorry, can't resist THAT

14. teefin1

teefin1 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    You're so funny. I hope the deal comes off for you. I also found the AF better on the 7, though I'm finding it pretty good on the c3 too! I've already taken pics of it, in case I dEcide to sell, peaking is p*ssing me off. The 7 is amazing, where's Jessops when I need them?!

15. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Check out Amazon.com they have really cheap used (but like new) units. If you have a US contact that could forward it to you it'd probably be the cheapest option.
    So Peaking is weak on the C3 ? I remember it being very weak on the Hexanon lenses I had, so you might want to check it's not lens related ?

16. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    I've tried them all, the Hex's, minolta and m42's. Better in good light obviously, but th 5n and f3 I recall as being excellent. But, it has it's appeal as a plain old compact with the sigma attached. Great IQ in handbag size.

17. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Well since mine is waiting for me at the Post Office I'll play with it a bit before receiving my new 7. I don't really plan on keeping it now that I'm gonna have the Big Boy again. But then it might pleasantly surprise me...

18. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    I hope so, it really is the cutest thing, and your copy may have excellent peaking, then you'll have a formidable pair. :)

19. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Hmm I don't need two NEX bodies for sure, but I like the idea of a Formidable Pair :biggrin:

20. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    Why don't you need two NEX?