Just bought a5000

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Gaz1969uk, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Gaz1969uk

Gaz1969uk New to TalkEmount

Aug 9, 2015
    Hi all

Just bought sony a5000 today, wanted something small inexpensive and good quality, think this is the best bang for buck at moment and I'm very happy with it for the money.

Anyone else use one and any tips or opinions on this camera?

Also when you buy the kit with 16_50 oss lens is the lens serial number on the box as I can only see the body serial on the box.
    Thanks gary
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Hi Gary, I agree with you, it's one of the best values around at the moment. Hope you'll share some photos with us soon! I don't know the answer to your serial # question. Maybe someone else can answer.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hawon

Hawon TalkEmount Regular

Feb 5, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    i think it is a typical that box serial number is the body serial number. My NEX 5R was like that and the other two NEX 5T were like that as well
  4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    A very nice choice.
  5. CJScott

CJScott TalkEmount Regular

Jul 15, 2015
    Clarkston, MI
    Carlos Scott
    I bought the a5100 as a starter into photography. I have been curious about it for quite some time, and this is a great little camera for just that.
    What I did was get a bunch of vintage lenses as a way to explore what kind of photography I wanted to do. While I still haven't answered that question, I have developed an addiction to finding hidden gems in the depths of eBay.