1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Just a comment or two.

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by BJW, Mar 14, 2013.

1. BJW

BJW TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    USA
    Bruce
    I needed a battery for a phone and stopped at Best Buy. No, this isn’t a rant about Best Buy. While there I walked past the Nex 6 on display and noticed it was missing a lens. Odd, I thought, and at that point a sales clerk approached me to see if I needed help. I mentioned the missing lens and his response was a combination of shock and surprise. He looked at the camera and then looked at me with that confused look of someone who doesn’t believe what has happened.
    To add insult to injury there was a smeary fingerprint on the sensor.
    Bruce

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Bold move nicking a lens off the display model. They must be a bit more lax there than they are around here. Can't walk in without getting swarmed & followed around the store.

I wonder what the discount on an obviously abused camera is? ;)

3. BJW

BJW TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    USA
    Bruce
    I don’t know but I certainly wouldn’t want it! I guess if you get it for nothing, the lens, you aren’t too worried about the warranty, right. The best buy I was in never seems to have enough clerks. Had to be someone that was bold! I suspect the lenses don’t have any device attached to set off the alarm.
    Bruce

4. ErickSaint

ErickSaint TalkEmount Regular

Aug 27, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Erick
    Even the Target store here has little guard type things that cover the lock button on cameras with removable lenses. It's part of the alarm thing mounted to the bottom of the camera. Not sure if BB has those, I'll have to look next time but I dont get there very often.

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Ya, they usually have a guard to defeat the thieves.

My local BB does not have the 6 yet.