Jupiter-8 50mm f2 LTM

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Ray Vardy, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Ray Vardy

Ray Vardy TalkEmount Regular

So I just won one of these on eBay. What do i need to make it fit my C3? Also I see some guy modified his own lens to reduce the 1m focus to .7m how nuts is that!

Also which do you think the better lens, this or the Olympus zuiko 50mm f1.8?

Ps. I'm hoping the Jupiter, as it is silver (as is my c3) so could look rather sexy!

Ps. Will someone bid on my other Olympus 50mm f1.8 that's on eBay, my 1st item for sale and it needs some encouragement..!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    You need a NEX to m39 (LTM) adapter that you can find on eBay. I like rainbowimaging adapters myself because they ship from New York so you get them more quickly. Like THIS.

3. Halka

Halka TalkEmount Regular

Mar 11, 2012
    SVK
    Ľubomír Brindza
    Hey Ray, it that the fungus-containing one? :)

I have a black Jupiter-8 and an Oly 50mm 1.4 and like them both; unsure about their respective sharpness at equal apertures, but the Olympus has better coatings (though both are susceptible to flares to a certain degree), I tend to slap the Jupiter on when I don't feel like lugging around a pound of glass :)

I'll probably look into getting a chrome Jupiter-8 as they look a bit sexier, and an Industar 61 this month.

4. Ray Vardy

Hey :) yes but I think i worded it wrong the guy I bought it off said mould (is there a difference in the world of cameras!.?)

Come on folks I don't want my 1st eBay sales item to be a flop (ps. I'm talking to you UK peeps)...

Bid bid bid m only asking £5.50.

Boo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. Ray Vardy

So it went for £6.42 boo - hope the postage is less than £4.50 or I'm stuffed, loss loss loss hehe I would not make a very good stock broker!