• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Joys of MF

Selten

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Lusi
My first manual lenses arrived this week - thank you, Nianys! - and they were such a joy to take pictures with! I almost do not want to go back to AF, MF is more... intimate and personal, somehow. Anyhow, here are some shots - nothing exotic, just went wandering around the village I live in... :)

OM Zuiko 50mm

View attachment 27100
lshapes and lines by lusjanochka, on Flickr
View attachment 27101
View attachment 27102

winter flower... by lusjanochka, on Flickr
View attachment 27104
Gargoyle? by lusjanochka, on Flickr
View attachment 27105
Eichhörnchen by lusjanochka, on Flickr

FL 50mm

fragile by lusjanochka, on Flickr

Kälteblume by lusjanochka, on Flickr

in bloom by lusjanochka, on Flickr

lonely lamppost by lusjanochka, on Flickr

tiny diamonds by lusjanochka, on Flickr

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
Totally agree. MF makes you think about the shot a bit more rather than just pushing the trigger.

Enjoy the new experience.

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
My first manual lenses arrived this week - thank you, Nianys! - and they were such a joy to take pictures with! I almost do not want to go back to AF, MF is more... intimate and personal, somehow.
Ahhh... the joys of MF, I'm glad you've also come to the same conclusion many of us have!

Selten

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Lusi
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ahhh... the joys of MF, I'm glad you've also come to the same conclusion many of us have!
Well... maybe since I have heard everyone here loving it so much, there could be no other conclusion? :p
Jokes aside, it is really no wonder why people love it. I am already planning to start a small collection :D

Selten

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Lusi
What can I say - resistance is futile, I shall embrace all the symptoms with joy :D

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
What can I say - resistance is futile, I shall embrace all the symptoms with joy :D
At least you're lucid. As you say, resistance is futile. The ONLY good advice one can give you is to hunt your lenses to death. Do NOT I over pay for legacies. There are very good deals to be had, but you can also get ripped if you want one particular well reputed model in a hurry. Scout local sales or here on the board.

kevistopheles

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Welcome...you're membership card and instructions for the secret handshake are in the mail. I love MF. I feel like the NEX and MF lenses are a pure joy. I do have one AF lens (and I sue it on occasion) but I have it for those times (like a family get together) whee it's more about documenting an occasion that anything else and AF is nice to have. Especially when you hand the camera over to your significant other (who is not a photographer). For pure pleasure it's MF all the way.

Selten

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Lusi
Welcome...you're membership card and instructions for the secret handshake are in the mail. I love MF. I feel like the NEX and MF lenses are a pure joy. I do have one AF lens (and I sue it on occasion) but I have it for those times (like a family get together) whee it's more about documenting an occasion that anything else and AF is nice to have. Especially when you hand the camera over to your significant other (who is not a photographer). For pure pleasure it's MF all the way.
Thank you, and amen to your words! So very true :D

Nianys, thank you very much for your advice, I shall take it to heart :)

Here some more recent shots the the Canon FL - I absolutely love that lens, so so much!

View attachment 27139

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
beautiful portraits fella, I think this lens is striking sparks, I saw some shots with it and is very sharp and the contrast is very good.

Top Bottom