1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Joby Gorilla pod

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Simsy, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Simsy

Simsy TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2012
    My latest acquisition seen this in the shop and I just went what the heck why not lol, anyway its a Joby Gorilla Pod the DSLR Zoom model 3kg's I changed the head to a Benro BOO Ball head so that it matches my Tripod and Monopod. It holds the nex f3 with the 55-210 like there wasn't anything there, it also holds my a77 with the 70-300G fitted without any problems. Oh now I need to update my signiture might as well add the new lens and converter as even though they haven't turned up yet.

DSC00494.

2. Grisu_HDH

Grisu_HDH TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    I own a Gorillapod too and I really like it...
    I have one size smaller, but an older model without real head...
    Bought it for my old Canon G12 but its fine when using with the 5N and the Sigma 30 or the 18-55.
    Never tried it with the 55-210 or a heavier adapted lens like my Sigma 50mm Macro, could be not stiff enough for them...

3. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    Thera are cheap copies availlable from China. 10-inch Flexible Desktop Digital Camera Tripod - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Very nice with slave flashes etc..

4. Simsy

Simsy TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2012
    I thought about the cheap ones but in the end I decided if I'm going to attach an expensive camera to a tree or something then I wanted to have the original joby to do it with. But I like the cheapie ones for light work like flash stands that a good idea but maybe one of the smaller ones will do though.

5. Grisu_HDH

Grisu_HDH TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    The quality difference and cheaper versions I saw are real big!
    Don't want to risk having your head tilt down after mounting your baby with a little bigger lens like the 55-210...