1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Jacob & Nicholas

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by Joseph Thekale, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Joseph Thekale

Joseph Thekale TalkEmount Regular

Aug 24, 2015
    Michigan, USA
    Just an image I took this fall. Edited in PS.
    A7ii 55 1.8
    jacob and nicholas.

• Like Like x 15
  2. Mus Aziz

Mus Aziz TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2015
    Mus
    Nice one Joseph...:2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joseph Thekale

Aug 24, 2015
    Michigan, USA
    Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pitter

Pitter TalkEmount Veteran

Cute kids and nicely exposed. I might have cropped it so they were a bit more to the right as I think what's happening in the right part of the frame seems less important.

• Like Like x 1
  5. chalkdust

chalkdust TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2015
    Bert Cheney
    I also would probably crop this, mostly to increase the relative size of the boys. However, while pondering cropping, it appears to me that the right side may show a path the boys walked along and therefore be quite relevant to the image.

In either case, I like the image.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Joseph Thekale

Aug 24, 2015
    Michigan, USA
    Thanks guys. Good feedback, interestingly I cropped it when posting this on Instagram to get the focus on the boys. However, when I shot this image I wanted to get the boys as part of the scene and not the subject.
    I wanted the focus to be less on them and their features and more on their outfit and the environment they were in. Sort of a fashion shot. Idk if that makes sense. Regardless, none of that translated on instagram or when viewing through a cell phone. Unless it were to be blown up on a wall at H&M (which is what I originally was trying to do), this crop does not work.

Good insight