• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

It Doesn't Fit

Tipton

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Rae Leggett
_DSC6594.jpg
ILCE-7RM2    FE 24-70mm F4 ZA OSS    70mm    f/4.0    1/80s    ISO 250

The little camera on the left is my Pentax Q, the "smallest interchangeable lens mirrorless camera in the world". It takes good pics, I've posted a few of them on these boards. The big bomber on the right is my recently purchased Fuji GW690, a 6 x 9 cm medium format film camera.

_DSC6601.jpg
ILCE-7RM2    FE 24-70mm F4 ZA OSS    70mm    f/4.0    1/80s    ISO 1250

To give an idea of how big the negatives on the GW690 are, I included a 35mm slide to give a point of reference to "full frame" sensors. I get 8 frames(!) out of a roll of 120 film. All of which got me thinking.

_DSC6604.jpg
ILCE-7RM2    FE 24-70mm F4 ZA OSS    70mm    f/5.6    1/80s    ISO 2500

Unfortunately, the Pentax Q does NOT fit inside the back of a GW690. My dreams of using it as a digital back have been dashed.

But, how are the pictures from the GW690, you ask?

QSS-32_33    ---            

Not bad.

Tipton

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Rae Leggett
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wimp out and send the film off to The Darkroom. They send me back a cd, along with the negatives and some prints. It's expensive, but worth it.

Tipton

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Rae Leggett
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No not bad at all...but, it depends on the films you use, no?
I wonder if the lab sharpened this photo or the lens is natively sharp?
Everything I read online about this camera said that the lens is very sharp. But yeah, I was using Fuji Velvia 50 here, other films may have grain for instance.

sapoeijoek

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Edwin
I wimp out and send the film off to The Darkroom. They send me back a cd, along with the negatives and some prints. It's expensive, but worth it.
It’s actually not that expensive if they send you some prints too. I use Indie Film Lab To develop mine, they send back the negatives and upload digital/scanned versions on the net. You should check them out.

Top Bottom