Issues buying "apps"... I hate Sony right now!

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by txbkst, Jan 9, 2013.

1. txbkst

txbkst TalkEmount Regular

Nov 27, 2012
    East Texas
    Kim
    Is anyone else having or has anyone else had issues buying apps through PlayMemories/Sony Entertainment Network? I have added two different credit cards to my account. The first one let me add $5 to my wallet, then when I tried to add $10 more I kept getting an error about card info not being correct. So I tried another card. 10 f---ing times. It debited my account for $1 each time, but still says invalid info. I checked that the card info matched my statements, and still nothing! I'm about to pull my hair out. I was already pissed about paying for an "app" that should have been included in the first place!

2. gio

gio TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Manchester, uk
    never had any trouble, the thing I am concerned about is I only wanted the time lapse app at £7.99 but had to lodge 10.00 into Sonys account, so they have my £2.01p in their account for, possibly evermore, I,m sure most people will have a credit as nothing seems to add up to 10.00, taking these figures worldwide,it,s a massive amount of other peoples money they have in their account.
    it,s nothing short of legalised theft

3. txbkst

txbkst TalkEmount Regular

Nov 27, 2012
    East Texas
    Kim
    I felt the same way when they only had pre-set amounts to add. Total bs. I guess I am going to have to venture out and get a prepaid card.

4. Frank Teurlings

Frank Teurlings TalkEmount Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    Netherlands
    The first app no problem. Want to pay with the credit card for getting the 2nd app did not succeed more, nothing but problems. Hereinafter referred to as money deposited via internet banking and that way money deposited in the wallet and then be able to download the app.

5. Orange

Orange TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 4, 2013
    England
    It's not Orange!
    Cheeky beggars! That's what they do with their Playstation Store too! That's kinda put me off purely on principle, but I too fancy the time-lapse, is it good?

6. gio

gio TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Manchester, uk
    I,ve had it around 3 weeks now but not used it yet, so much for a must have app

7. Orange

Orange TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 4, 2013
    England
    It's not Orange!
    Haha ok!

8. Skipperjonce

Skipperjonce TalkEmount Regular

Dec 27, 2012
    Norway
    I had a heap of trouble at first trying to log in on the camera with my PS3 SEN account. Then I went online from the laptop and found you have to go to a separate website to 'add' the camera to your existing account. Sorry, can't remember the details and at work right now so can't check (it's in the quick-start guide i believe).

I then went back on the camera, logged in ok and bought the app but just paid directly with my Mastercard. No messing around with wallet funds or anything and it of course only charged me the 7.99 to the card.

9. Skipperjonce

Dec 27, 2012
    Norway
    Oh, and used it 3 times in a week but managed to mess up every time so far! Attempt 4 at sunset tonight if the sky is right for it.

10. gio

gio TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Manchester, uk
    I never got the option to pay with credit card, or must have overlooked it, hence paying the 10 GBP into the wallet for £7.99 app,
    My concern is not the (lost in effect) 2 pounds ,but that someone has sat there and devised this method to maximise profits.

11. Skipperjonce

Dec 27, 2012
    Norway
    Ok home now and checked exactly what I did.

If you log onto SEN through a computer, go to the 'Account' tab, then 'Billing Information' you can add a credit card to your account. Any purchases made after on any device you have linked to your account will only draw the funds required for that purchase directly from your card.

I agree though that this really isn't very obvious, and it is one more place online that my credit card details are stored.

12. Chuck Lawson

Chuck Lawson TalkEmount Regular

Nov 23, 2012
    Dallas area
    Given Sony's history with credit card leaks, I added a card, bought a couple of apps, and then deleted that payment method from the Sony site when I was done...