1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

ISO setting for right key

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by lowbone, Apr 4, 2013.

1. lowbone

lowbone TalkEmount Regular

Oct 21, 2012
    I found that quite often I would unintentionally bump the wheel in back of the camera and I would wind up changing the ISO without meaning to so I decided to put the ISO on the right key. That worked fine except the ISO is still active on the main wheel. Is there any way of deactivating ISO on the wheel or getting it off the wheel?

2. lowbone

Oct 21, 2012
    99 views and nobody knows, I take that to mean it cant be done,O.K. then is there a way to lock the ISO on the main wheel? The camera is a NEX 7

3. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 TalkEmount Regular

Mar 23, 2013
  4. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    In Setup, There is an option for Dial/Wheel Lock. With that setting ON, when you press and hold the Function button next to the shutter release, you will lock the dial and/or the top two Tri-nav dials.

Press and hold to unlock.

5. Michael Johansson

Michael Johansson TalkEmount Regular

Dec 15, 2012
    Ystad, Sweden
    Michael Johansson
    It looks like mentioning which camera the qustion is about helped a lot.

As Colin write, you can chose to have the ISO locked when pressing and holding the Function button until it locks. You press and hold the same button if you want to unlock to change the ISO (or a lot of other stuff). It is very convenient.

6. lowbone

Oct 21, 2012
    Thanks, Sorry I forgot to mention which NEX model I own. The wheel Lock works well and solves my problem