Is there an A mount forum as good as this one?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by SRHEdD, Sep 14, 2014.

1. SRHEdD

SRHEdD TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    I've really enjoyed the m4/3 and E-mount forums here, and wondered if anyone ever found a decent A-mount place. While I'm really enjoying my A6000, I really also like my a77ii, and the stuff I learn on these forums makes the A6000 experience more enjoyable.

2. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    No forum can be as good as this one ;)
    • Like Like x 3
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Very true. Amin has created a great place on the web.

The only other site for cameras I have been a part of is the DP Forums.

There are a lot of knowledgeable folks there, however discussions can get out of hand, so be forewarned.
  4. -et-

-et- TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 26, 2013
    Southern California
    A place that I like very much is at:

Its origins began with the old Minolta Club in Great Britain and the web site is run by David Kilpatrick from that organization, whose background with A-mount cameras goes back decades. He is also very technically knowledgeable and has been a working photographer and working journalist for decades. Similar to here, there is active participation by a number of people, but the variety of subjects covered is larger, so most of the time there is not the same focus (pun intended) on a given subject.

There is good content there on a very wide variety of subjects dealing with the cameras and with photography in general. One of the things that I find very attractive about it is that - like here - it is not riddled with the negative and adversarial postings that you find on places like DpReview (which I stopped reading years ago for that reason).

- Tom -
    • Like Like x 1