Is there a good book...

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount News and Rumors' started by AlwaysOnAuto, May 21, 2016.

1. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    ...for dummies, such as myself, that tells how things like the zebra stripes work or how to use them effectively when using the A7ii?
    I'm the type that can work things if I know a little bit about the 'how' something works. Take the focus on my D7000. I couldn't get it to take a decent, in focus shot until I learned how the focus points actually worked, then it was not a problem.
    Any suggestions for the A7ii?
  2. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Can't help you regarding a reference book, but I'm sure they exist for such a popular camera. You can search Youtube for tutorial videos, may be covered by someone.
    As for the zebra, it's basically like the focus peaking feature. But instead of focus, it's for indicating over-exposure. Those blown-out white areas when we over-expose. Sometimes we must do so to properly show a foreground, but mostly it's undesired.
    For manual lenses, I use it to dial in my shutter speed or ISO so to avoid blown out whites.
  3. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Andromeda143

Andromeda143 TalkEmount Regular

Dec 19, 2015
    Melbourne, Australia
    Clive Dickinson
  5. msullivan

msullivan TalkEmount Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    Phoenix AZ
    David Busch has an outstanding book on the A7RII and A7II. It is available in both paperback and kindle/nook. I also have the Friedman book which is good but maybe a bit less useful than Busch but you also get a PDF version if you buy the electronic version (kindle/nook).. You will learn a lot with either one.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. kryss

kryss TalkEmount Rookie

Dec 8, 2014
    Watch Gary Fong video on Youtube for B&H and then purchase his in depth video + chart on how to set up everything for 12$ US.