1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Is Konica Bayonet II mount the same as Konica AR mount?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Nex6, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Nex6

Nex6 TalkEmount Regular

Aug 16, 2013
    Dear All,

First of all, thanks for answering my questions in various postings.

I bought a Sigma lens that was advertised on ebay as Minolta MD mount. (I posted here https://www.talkemount.com/f12/trouble-mounts-these-lenses-please-help-4474/)

It ended up to be what seems like Konica lens mount. I searched online it says it is a Konica Bayonet II mount. However, I can't seem to find a Konica to NEX adapter that specifically says Konica Bayonet II mount to NEX mount. I only see KONICA AR to -NEX Mount.

So I need to buy the right adapter, the question now is is Konica AR to NEX adapter is the same as the Bayonet II Mount to NEX?

Thanks guys!

2. -et-

-et- TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 26, 2013
    Southern California
    Tom
    I have no personal knowledge of this subject, so I asked a colleague who is a very serious camera buff and has at least one copy of essentially every 35mm film camera made in the last 60 years. (He's single, with a very comfortable middle-class income.)

Speaking from memory, his answer was that the Konica Bayonet Mount II is NOT the same as the Konica AR mount. He said that he believes that not only are the details of the mount different, but the diameter is also different.

- Tom -