Is Fuji X less expensive in general?

mesmerized

TalkEmount Regular
Hi there,

Lately I've been considering going for a cheaper system, since Sony lenses are, well, pricey. We have some third party alternatives and Tamron is coming with some good stuff, but I'm quite curious if the X system by Fuji would help me keep some cash in my wallet. From what I can see, the XT3 is cheaper than the A7iii but as far as lenses go... hmm... the 56mm and the 16-55mm seem to be quite expensive.

What do you guys think?

JonathanF2

TalkEmount All-Pro
Depends what lenses you want and what you plan to shoot. Sony 3rd party alternatives have lowered prices enough that I see no reason to shoot with anything smaller than FF, unless size is an issue.

Last edited:

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
Excellent Fujinon glass has been and still is, expensive. But their less expensive consumer grade and kit lenses usually outranks the Sony counterparts.

mesmerized

TalkEmount Regular
Basically, I suppose that I'd need:

23mm f/1.4 or the newer f/2 version
16-55 f/2.8 (Sony's GM is WAY too expensive, but there's always the Tamron 28-75)
56mm f/1.2 (Sony's very own 85mm f/1.8 is probably cheaper)
50-140 f/2.8 (55-200 with the variable aperture could be a good alternative)
and possibly the 10-24 f/4...

JonathanF2

TalkEmount All-Pro
You know another price alternative is the new Nikon APS-C Z50. It's coming out with two kit lenses, but you can adapt pretty much anything via the FTZ adapter. The good thing with the Nikon Z, at least it shares the same mount with both the APS-C and FF bodies similar to Sony, but there are more F-mount lenses that can be adapted for cheap (Tokina, Tamron, SIgma lenses) and unlike Sony you'll get full video performance with the adapter. If you go back to APS-C with Canon you're orphaned with the Canon M mount.

Tipton

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Rae Leggett
I use both Sony and Fuji cameras. It kind of comes down to whether you want/need full frame. The Fuji bodies are all APSC. (Leaving aside the breathtakingly expensive medium format GFX bodies.) The 18-55 "kit" lens is the best I've used. The top shelf lenses are just as expensive as Sony's though, and there is a lack of long telephoto lenses even worse than Sony.

Edit: I forgot about IBIS. No IBIS on Fuji APSC, except for the X-h1. Which was poorly received, and can be had for a song.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom