Is a $350 really worth it?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by scientist88, Sep 4, 2011.

1. scientist88

scientist88 New to TalkEmount

Sep 4, 2011
    $350 for a viewfinder?!?! C'mon, is it really worth that much? I don't yet have a Sony NEX camera, though i'm pretty sure I'm gonna get one soon, but is a viewfinder really worth 350 dollars? My real question is, does anybody have a NEX, and have they ever yet wished that they had a viewfinder? Thanks

2. teshi

teshi TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 1, 2011
    In short, I would! I really liked the EVF, I mean a lot. Since ive put money aside for the NEX-7, I wont need to worry about it but if there was no 7 then my initial purchase would be NEX-5n and EVF. I got used to it quite quickly and ideal for what I like to shoot.

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    So with the viewfinder, is the price equal to a NEX-7?

4. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    Not in US.

5n body $600+viewfinder $350= $950 vs nex 7 body $1200.

5. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto TalkEmount Regular

Aug 8, 2011
    The biggest reason I placed a pre-order for the NEX-7 instead of the 5n is that I want a viewfinder and the cost of the 5n with viewfinder is just too close to the NEX-7. Yes, the 5n with viewfinder is slightly cheaper, but the NEX-7 looks like a much better camera even if it used the same 16mp sensor. I know I would kick myself later if I bought the 5n rather than spend that little extra for the 7.

6. macjim

macjim TalkEmount Regular

Aug 10, 2011
    I've said the same thing about digital cameras since I first won my first digital, a kodak, and I still say that now. Why should they be almost two to three times more than a film camera equivalent as they do not have the film roll mechanism etc, just electronics. So I sympathise and agree with your comment regarding the price of the viewfinder. I want to get it too but I'll need to wait till either the price comes down or till I can afford it.

Cheers, Macjim.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.