• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

iris

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Went out this morning and again this afternoon and shot these irises (Iris graminea, common name Grass-Leaved Flag). I wasn't sure that they were going to bloom this year, the bearded variety didn't even show buds, let alone blooms.

NEX-5N w/kit zoom.

Morning shots, using a diffuser panel.
NEX-5N    E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS    127mm    f/11.0    1/60s    ISO 100

NEX-5N    E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS    210mm    f/11.0    1/80s    ISO 100

NEX-5N    E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    55mm    f/9.0    1/30s    ISO 100

And these from this afternoon.
NEX-5N    E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    55mm    f/9.0    1/20s    ISO 100

NEX-5N    E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    55mm    f/9.0    1/10s    ISO 100

There's some more on my blog.

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Great shots Bimjo, fantastic detail! Just adore the water droplets. Interesting comment about the NEX white balance prowess in your Blog.

Thanks for sharing, and for doing us kit-lens owners proud! :)

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great shots Bimjo, fantastic detail! Just adore the water droplets. Interesting comment about the NEX white balance prowess in your Blog.

Thanks for sharing, and for doing us kit-lens owners proud! :)
Thank you! I almost got nailed as I was lining these up this morning. Before I took the camera out I was standing right over a sprinkler when the timer switched to that bank. I didn't realize I can still move that fast. :cool:

This kit lens (and the 55-210 for that matter) is rapidly convincing me that unless I absolutely had to have a shallower DOF, or shot extensively in low-light situations I really wouldn't try to replace it with a "better" lens.

jfazer

TalkEmount Regular
Beautiful shots! Great colors and details!

Thank you! I almost got nailed as I was lining these up this morning. Before I took the camera out I was standing right over a sprinkler when the timer switched to that bank. I didn't realize I can still move that fast. :cool:
hehe...

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really like the soft lighting you've achieved with the diffuser and the colours are fantastic!
Cheers,
Paul
Thanks Paul, the folding diffuser screen is a lifesaver when you're a little too late and the sun is pounding directly on the subject.

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
good job my friend, your photos are great, really detailed, the colors and sharpness are amazing, this kit is really great

Top Bottom