IQ and...

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Alessandro, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Alessandro

Alessandro Guest

I have just bought a very cheap C3. Cause I am a curious guy...
    As a m4/3 user (E-P2 and GF1), I must say the Sony sensor is superior by a large amount in the high iso imaging; this is what I see after some quick and rough comparison.

Now, what?
    Sensor IQ is not my primary concern: I like street-photography and, while a properly focused and detailed shot is desirable, a smart, usable and quick camera is perhaps more important. AND... Most important is: a good lens on a bad sensor is better than a bad lens on a good sensor.

Don't get me wrong: I'd love to win a Nex5n... ;)  and the 18-55 is a honest zoom. But the usability of a GF1 or any of the m4/3s is a different story, and they have lined up a great collection of very good lenses. Don't know what to do of this little gem at the moment.
    I truly appreciate the innovation Sony is bringing in the photographic arena, but I am waiting for the lenses (primes, in my case).
    Let's say with these provoking words: put a Sony sensor in a micro 4/3 and you'll have the final system. Put a micro 4/3 sensor in a Sony camera, and you'll have a brick.

Oh, yes: the 24mm is coming. One of the lines I read often is that Sony offers valid lenses at a better price than m4/3. Ok. But when you want a good one... ... ...

Will I keep the C3? Dunno. I'll give it a try if I can find a cheap 16mm, for the moment.

Cheers
    Alessandro

(if I look harsh, it's cause of my english: these are my free thoughts, feel free to contradict/educate me!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.