• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Inspired by Eugene Smith

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
We stopped for a coffee at Starbucks with my little brother with me on this occasion, I sat in front of the large window facing the street and see people walking to the beat of the music from inside of the cafe.

A few days ago I had read about Eugene Smith,so between the 50′s to early 60′s, took over 40.000 photographs in his flower district loft at 821 6th Avenue. The “Jazz Loft” was the nightly gathering place of jazz greats and artists of the time.

Then I imagined how he could see all these great scenes from his window, became one of photography’s legendary figures, could said was, undeniably, one of the greatest photojournalists of world.

Personal Something to Like About Eugene Smith, is the passion for truth invariably places the integrity of the picture far above Such matters as monetary gain or staff safety, as a result of this dedication, he had many problems but Smith was a figure universally Admired as an artist.

These shots I made while enjoying my cappuccino, waiting for the right time to capture it with my camera, like a leopard waiting for a gazelle.

Untitled by Freddytto Robles, on Flickr

Modeling by Freddytto Robles, on Flickr

Taxi¡¡¡¡ by Freddytto Robles, on Flickr

RalllyFan

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Tom
These shots I made while enjoying my cappuccino, waiting for the right time to capture it with my camera, like a leopard waiting for a gazelle.
Haha, great analogy!

And of course, great photos. I have not seen much of Eugene's work, but from what I've seen you serve him well.

BJW

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Bruce
Terrific set of images! Gene Smith, to me, was and is, one of the greatest photographers ever. His persistence to capture the right image and reproduce it in the darkroom is legendary. Whenever I want to be reminded of near perfection I open one of his books.
You just may have done him justice with these. Beautiful processing by the way. What, if you don’t mind my asking, is your the secrete in your processing?
Bruce

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Terrific set of images! Gene Smith, to me, was and is, one of the greatest photographers ever. His persistence to capture the right image and reproduce it in the darkroom is legendary. Whenever I want to be reminded of near perfection I open one of his books.
You just may have done him justice with these. Beautiful processing by the way. What, if you don’t mind my asking, is your the secrete in your processing?
Bruce
always shot in Raw , use Silver Efex Pro 2, and there you have many preset to play, there are different types of film, and you can even customize them, in this case most of my effects are modeled like kodak

Latest posts

Top Bottom