Inle Lake, Myanmar

robfactory

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Rob
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Cambodia is one of those places that you hear about in the news and it is a war zone. However, when you get there... you are met with some of the warmest people on earth.
I went to Inle Lake, Cambodia for 3 days and it was magical. You stay in a hotel in the water and to get anywhere you need a boat taxi.
I would suggest if you ever go to Cambodia to visit Inle Lake.

Last edited:

JonathanF2

TalkEmount All-Pro
Great travel shots! Cambodia is definitely on my list of places to visit. I have a few Cambodian American friends who've yet to go back mainly due to the trauma of the war.

WoodWorks

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
Great travel photos, Rob, especially 1, 4 & 5. I spent a couple of weeks there 12 years ago after riding through Vietnam on a motorcycle. But unlike you, I was struck by how the people there were more withdrawn compared to the effusively friendly and open people I met in Vietnam. Not unfriendly, but clearly they had experienced the worst of what we humans are capable of doing to each other.

robfactory

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Rob
Great travel photos, Rob, especially 1, 4 & 5. I spent a couple of weeks there 12 years ago after riding through Vietnam on a motorcycle. But unlike you, I was struck by how the people there were more withdrawn compared to the effusively friendly and open people I met in Vietnam. Not unfriendly, but clearly they had experienced the worst of what we humans are capable of doing to each other.
People are actually a lot different. 12 years ago they were still adjusting to the vast changes in their country and culture. Now it seems to have settled. Most people were friendly and spoke English. I never felt like I was in danger or as if they were unpolite. It's a country dependent on tourism and they do their best for everyone to have a great experience.

robbie36

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Great photos. But Inle Lake is in Myanmar not Cambodia. Just saying...

Blu30nyx

TalkEmount Regular
Like the shots a lot. I just had to comment and say I am VERY impressed with that boy's balancing skills! If I tried that, I'd likely end up with the fish!

Do you know what he was doing there by chance?

robfactory

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Rob
Like the shots a lot. I just had to comment and say I am VERY impressed with that boy's balancing skills! If I tried that, I'd likely end up with the fish!

Do you know what he was doing there by chance?
That's how they fish.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom