1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Infinity

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by nicom17, Oct 10, 2013.

1. nicom17

nicom17 New to TalkEmount

Oct 10, 2013
    How can i focus to infinity with my nex 5r and 16-5.
    Thanks

2. Bugleone

Bugleone TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 21, 2011
    I'm not sure exactly what you are asking or why........

For hand camera such as NEX models any object more than, say, 100 mtr away is an infinity subject. Adopt the centre focussing cursor and place it on the edge of something as far away as possible, perhaps the trees on the horizon, press shutter button half way and the NEX is now focussed on infinity......

.......For manual focus..ie NON auto-focus, switch to manual focus and look at the screen...use the 14x magnification and turn the focus ring on lens until an infinity object is as sharply rendered as you can get it...you may have to go backwards and forwards across the point of focus until you get the idea of what is 'sharp'....ie, greatest detail and resolution.

3. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Welcome to the forum. I suspect that you're asking about infinity focus because you're shooting at night, with no clearly defined subject (sky shots), right?

Poki is the master of doing this, but what I do is focus on something that you can see in the viewfinder, switch to manual focus and don't bump the lens before you take the shot.

4. nicom17

nicom17 New to TalkEmount

Oct 10, 2013
    Thanks!!!