Infinity focus problem on 50mm minolta mc rokkor-x pg

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by hknymz, May 11, 2013.

1. hknymz

hknymz TalkEmount Regular

Mar 3, 2013
  2. Bugleone

Bugleone TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 21, 2011
    If your other 'MD' lenses are ok then the problem is with the 50mm. On most lenses the focussing barrel is adjustable (not usually a DIY job, at least to an amateur) This allows the infinity point of focus helix to be set. It sounds like someone has disassembled the focussing helix and either restarted it on the wrong thread (if I remember it's usually/often a four track thread) ...or, the infintiy stop adjustment has been left completely wrong.

....You need a document which has either/or/both the view of exploded assembly or description of adjustment for MD 50mm of your partcular model.

3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Ya, two of mine do, two of mine don't. Would love a link to how to do this.

4. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    If it's only off by a little bit it might be possible to correct it on the adapter. Once I was successful by unscrewing the MD bayonet ring and moving it back and forth in its groove. It removes grub and little burrs, gaining a little reduction of overall distance between MD bayonet flange and NEX mount. Then put the screws back on, tightening them enough to have a solid fit. The first thing I do with these cheapo adapters, is tightening the screws, they mostly are bit loose.

5. Bugleone

Bugleone TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 21, 2011
  6. hknymz

Mar 3, 2013
  7. hknymz

Mar 3, 2013
    i am fixed the problem :)

8. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator